Electrical and Optical Systems Engineer (Job Number:441409)
The Electrical and Optical Systems Engineer in a highly technical position with focus on Lens/Optics who supports multiple project teams as both a contributor and a leader. In this position the engineer will review requirements to build a system and confirm during the build that the requirements are being met; mechanically and electrically. The engineer will also support the review and analysis of technical documentation such as specifications, interface documentation, and system link budgets. Test witnessing/verification and data review of communications hardware and systems is included as a function of the Electrical Engineer. The Engineer will demonstrate technical skills in telecommunications networks with a focus in fiber optic communications transport technologies and its applications. This position requires the engineer to interface with associate contractors, customers, and vendors as the project team’s technical representative. Technical report and white paper generation are also included as functions of this position. Regular CONUS travel to off-site locations may be required.
- Ability to design/setup/run tab tests.
- Current hands on lab experience.
- A strong understanding of standard telecom networks and protocols.
- An ability to review and understand technical telecom documentation such as hardware specifications, system interface control documentation, and system architecture requirements including power link budgets.
- An ability to provide a technical analysis of telecom hardware and system designs.
- Specialized experience in fiber optic communications.
- Demonstrated technical skills in telecommunications networks with a focus in fiber optic communications transport technologies and its applications.
- Must currently possess a TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
- Knowledge of lab view and MATLAB
- Hands on experience with standard telecommunications hardware and systems
- The ability to support OCONUS travel, if required, is also a plus
- Experience with Cisco/Juniper/Lucent products and services
- Experience with Global, Last-Mile Communications
- Familiarity with Fiber to the X, and Fiber to the home
- Familiarity with Virtualization Platforms
- Familiarity with Optical test Equipment and Network/Element Management Platforms such as HP OpenView
- Comfortable terminating cables, configuration of lab equipment
Familiarity with Linux/Solaris and Windows platforms
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 25, 2018, 9:33:05 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job