Sourcing Manager - Military veterans preferred
DynCorp Recruiting (www.dyn-intl.com)
The Sourcing Manager manages the procurement function for assigned Strategic Business Units (SBU) in accordance with policies and procedures.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Manages daily activities of assigned departmental staff to ensure efficiencies in compliance with corporate, government, contractual and legal requirements.
- Responsible for proposal preparation as related to the assigned area.
- Oversees the coordination with divisions and/or SBU in the management of procurement process as contractually required for SBU projects.
- Ensures that information/data and priorities/critical items from purchasing interfacing groups are received, processed and integrated into the purchasing functions.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices.
- Recommends new policies or changes to existing procurement policies and procedures regarding purchasing systems.
- Leads in resolution of Purchase Order disputes and claim resolution.
- Performs purchasing audits as assigned.
- Interprets Terms and Conditions as flowed down in Prime Contracts.
- Contact point for suppliers, field procurement and management personnel.
- Responsible for compliance of procurement effort in maintaining an approved Purchasing System.
- Resolves supplier problems regarding schedules, quantities, manufacturers and specifications.
- Provides status to upper management of contractual related matters on assigned projects.
- Acts as a liaison with program management, material control and other various departments.
- Researches and develops new sources of supply and keeps informed of new products, manufacturing processes and price trends.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Supports transition teams’ efforts for new programs.
- Provides supervision in maximizing competition and award to Small Business.
- Provides support and review of Business Development proposal pricing efforts.
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures and other practices set forth by Senior Management directive.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Fully knowledgeable of Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Knowledge of cost and price analysis.
- Advanced negotiation skills.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of various computer applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Project).
- Good communication and organizational skills.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline. Two (2) years of experience in procurement may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
- Ten (10) years progressively responsible experience in government procurement/subcontracting environment. Prefer at least three (3) years supervisory experience in supply systems.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
More Jobs For Veterans...