full-time employee contract
Cyber Defense Incident Analysis Analyst
The selected candidate will support the analysis of software/hardware vulnerabilities and the impact those vulnerabilities will have to DoD systems, use this expertise to identify priority level for vulnerability fix actions and contribute to the mitigation strategies that can be implemented prior to the release of a vendor fix action.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Establish communications with vendors for the release of newly identified vulnerabilities and to ensure they understand the specialized requirements of DoD information systems.
- Compile daily, weekly and annual vulnerability metrics associated with affected and non-affected DoD products.
- Identify, analyze, and develop mitigation or remediation actions for system and network vulnerabilities. Prioritize identified vulnerabilities based upon severity, potential operational impact, and other factors for DoD. Analyze issues affecting DoD components with vendor provided fixes and contact the appropriate vendor for a defined and attainable solution.
- Provide notification of potential threats by tracking vulnerabilities and exploits, propagation of worms and viruses as they migrate throughout DoD and globally. Monitor the progress of internal and external organizations to ensure IAVM operational requirements are fulfilled for Government review.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance and eligible for C/I Polygraph
- Previous tools experience working with Joint Incident Management System or other ticketing systems.
- Knowledge of cyber incident handling process and procedures.
- Experience in an Operations Center providing Senior Leaders specified reports based on information received from supporting units.
- Have working knowledge of threat and vulnerability analysis, routing protocols,routing, intrusion detection systems, intrusion protection systems, Domain Name Service, or network traffic analysis.
- Critical/logical thinking skills
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security +ce.
- Proficient in developing briefing materials,administrative, and logistics support.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively, including public speaking, and briefing senior officers.
- Advanced communications and presentation skills enabling precise conveyance of information across all CC/S/A//FA with commandant proper enunciation of the English language.
Clearance : Top Secret with SCI eligibility ( TS/SCI) - Mandatory
Location : Ft. Meade, MD
Duty : This is a shift position. Must be willing to work various shifts that may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
POC: Please apply on-line and contact our recruiter, Mark Aschenbach, firstname.lastname@example.org , (703) 488-2073