Raytheon’s Cybersecurity & Special Missions (CSM) group is currently seeking a Program Controls Manager to lead our Special Projects Sub-Mission Area Finance Team. This position can be located in either Aurora, CO or Dulles, VA with a geographically disbursed team in both locations. This position requires a dedicated individual who can meet critical deadlines, can react quickly to changing customer requirements, and who can communicate effectively with multiple levels of management both within Raytheon and our Customer.
This position requires proactive leadership and significant interaction with Sub-Mission Area Director, Program Managers, and functional support representatives to ensure alignment regarding strategy, operating and financial objectives. The Business Manager is a strategic business partner to various functional teams and works in collaboration on the successful capture/execution of proposals, gate reviews, contract negotiations, financial reporting and EACs.
Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure adequate financial controls are in place that provide a balance between finance goals and operation’s goals.
- Responsible for preparing monthly operating reviews, reviewing / preparing EACs, financial overviews and other reporting activities as required
- Serve as the Lead for the development of the Special Projects five year strategic and annual operating plans and related analysis as well as having the ability to coordinate the accumulation and presentation of nonfinancial data
- Lead planning and forecasting processes for Special Projects
- Provide cost, schedule, financial analysis/reporting, funding planning, reporting, monitoring, and analysis support to the Special Projects Director, utilizing standard company tools, and in compliance with standard processes
- Assist with development of Engineering Change Proposals (ECP's) and lead cost strategy for new competitive proposals
- Reviews financial reports, presentations and bids for accuracy and completeness.
- Provides variance analysis and month/year-end close reporting and monitoring, working capital monitoring and analysis, program financial forecasting and contract closeouts
- Manage direct reports and responsible for direct reports’ performance and provide guidance regarding career development plan
- Requires a related university degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to lead and manage a staff of Program Controls analysts
- Experience in multiple aspects of financial management and business analysis including program controls
- Experience interfacing and conducting business with various functional disciplines ( contracts, operations, engineering, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team environment and lead teams to success
- Experience presenting complex information to all levels of staff and management in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work within rapidly changing business environment and make critical decisions that are based upon sound financial principles
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, clear verbal and writing abilities, task flexibility, sensitivity to customer’s needs.
- Experience organizing, preparing, and presenting briefings to Customers, Management, and Peers
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding disclosure statements and classifying tasks/activities by appropriate “color of money” – Direct, Overhead, Selling, Bid and Proposal (B&P), IRAD, and Capital
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Firm understanding of Earned Value Management fundamentals
- Understand and perform analysis on the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Forecast, and Short Range Outlook
- Strong skills with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Experience with SOX Compliance and quarterly EAC generation
- SAP/Apex, Rplan Forecasting, Micro-Frame Project Manager (MPM), APEX EV, and PMX tools
- Experience in development / strategic program new business capture
- Requires a related university degree or equivalent experience and minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- This position requires, at a minimum, a TS/SCI with CI poly
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.