Are you prepared to tap into and exercise your leadership qualities?
Do you have a passion for high fidelity performance simulations?
Would you thrive by developing modeling & analysis solutions to solve complex problems?
If your answers are yes, the Modeling, Simulation and Analysis Center at Raytheon Missile Systems wants to learn more about you! The Tucson, AZ, facility is searching for several Senior Modeling/Simulation/Analysis Engineers to join a growing team of engineering professionals who share a mission of protecting our war fighters and allies.
The Modeling, Simulation and Analysis Center (MSA) within the Systems Design & Performance (SD&P) directorate has the responsibility to provide, develop, and maintain performance and Operations Research simulations for all Raytheon Missiles Systems (RMS) products, support new business initiatives and develop and execute technology roadmaps.
Specific responsibilities within MSA include, but are not limited to, development of high fidelity performance simulations that include multiple sensor channels, scene generation capability, control hardware, physical environment, embedded software, and system performance analysis including pre-flight prediction, post flight matching, and verification and validation.
Job Description and Key Tasks:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- The Senior Modeling Engineer will work in a team environment on diverse projects providing independently determined approaches and solutions to create high fidelity simulations and models for missile system design, performance assessment, and flight test support, trade studies and analysis.
- Responsibilities include providing technical and schedule leadership for the simulation products of a specific program, preparation of detailed plans (including task objective, expected output, budget requirements and schedule for projects), and will interact with government counterparts as an authority on simulation products.
- Senior Simulation Engineers will collaborate with Guidance, Navigation & Control (GNC), signal processing, and performance analysis personnel to perform simulation activities according to the program schedule.
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or Math
- Ten (10) years designing and performing analysis with high fidelity performance simulations with a BS degree (8 years of performance simulation experience with a MS and 6 years with a Ph.D.)
- Four (4) years of leadership experience managing others as a technical lead, team lead or similar lead role involving applied system engineering and analysis and interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines
- Ten (10) years of experience using tools such as MATLAB or Python for analysis of data sets
- Ten (10) years of applied work experience coding in C/C++ (or other high order language)
- Past work experience using UNIX/Linux based workstations
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance
- Must be willing to relocate to Tucson, AZ (relocation package available
Check us out on YouTube:
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or Math
- Developing signal processing / GNC algorithms or models for missile applications
- Control Hardware Design and Test
- Modeling physics and physical systems as related to flight dynamics
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management tools
- Course work or experience in some of the following fields: radar, signal & image processing, digital communications, estimation theory, optimal control, system architecture, inertial navigation, guidance theory
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and the development of program schedules
- Knowledge of Raytheon Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) and program major gates (Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, etc).
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in teams and multi-task
- Current Secret Department of Defense Clearance
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.