Job Title: Senior Systems Test Engineer
Req ID: 123791BR
Location(s): Harlow, Essex
Summary of Role: To provide test engineering expertise to the Global Sensors Business Group to enable the development and certification of complex product solutions.
• Customer witnessed execution of test phases.
• Analysis of designs.
• Generation and review of test procedures verifying internal and customer requirements.
• Production of customer deliverables.
• Management of customer expectations.
• Support to test manager.
• Integration and test in support of solution development.
• Assist in supervision of other test resources.
• Graduate Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Physics or Engineering Physics.
• Understanding of RF transmission and receiving systems.
• Solid knowledge of Systems Engineering lifecycle and processes.
• Firm understanding of development projects, schedules and delivery against those schedules.
• Experienced in manual testing.
• Ability to communicate technical justification to both internal and external customers across various departments and levels of organization.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to travel to support programme objectives.
• Experience with Systems Engineering software such as DOORs.
• Knowledge of automated testing through use of environments such as Labview or Teststand.
• Experience with hardware testing, including EMI, EMC and Environmental.
• ISTQB qualified.
• Understanding of Air traffic control systems
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
• 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
• Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
• 37 hour working week with an early finish Friday. Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
• Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites with free snacks and drinks (hot and cold) available at others
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in.
Please also view the Raytheon video:
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the link to the website
and search for Req ID: 123791BR. Please complete the on-line instructions to create a profile and upload CV.
Please also view the Raytheon video:123791