Job Title: Systems Engineer
Req ID: 123790BR
Location(s): Harlow, Essex
Summary of Role
This is an exciting opportunity a Systems Engineer to work within the Raytheon Air Traffic Management Business area. The role will provide support to the System Design Authority, supporting the development and management of project requirements, generation of customer technical documentation, participation of technical design reviews and supporting the generation of bid proposal material and submission of bids in response to customer requests.
The role includes:
• Managing the requirements for contracted programmes throughout the product lifecycle
• Analysis of the system architecture and design, to ensure requirements will be met
• Systems design and development, working closely with the internal team and suppliers to develop suitable technical solutions.
• Degree level or equivalent qualification in a STEM subject
• Understanding of the Systems Engineering life-cycle
• Experience in creation of technical documentation
• Experience with DOORS requirements management software
• Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to manage and work within agreed timescales
• Ability to work in a team and perform under pressure
• Knowledge of Air Traffic Management Systems, specifically MSSR interrogators would be an advantage
• Knowledge of configuration management systems
• Customer liaison experience
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
• 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
• Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
• 37 hour working week with an early finish Friday. Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
• Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites with free snacks and drinks (hot and cold) available at others
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in.
Please also view the Raytheon video:
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the link to the website
and search for Req ID: 123790BR. Please complete the on-line instructions to create a profile and upload CV.
Please also view the Raytheon video:123790