Raytheon is seeking a Senior System Administratorwith strong Leadership, Systems Design and System Administration background to join our team in developing and maintaining windows systems in a classified environment.
The position is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Designs, implements, codes, tests, documents, and maintains systems integration solutions to total system or subsystems. Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem.
This position requires US Citizenship with a current DoD Secret Clearance
Must be a US Citizen with a CURRENT DoD Secret Clearance
· 6+ years’ of experience directly related to Windows and Linux System Administration in a development and sustainment environment
· 4+ years’ experience administering VMware
· Experience in managing a technical team responsible for a large, complex computer environment
- Communication and diplomatic skills a must; significant interaction with various segments of the program
· Basic Network Administration knowledge utilizing CISCO · Understanding of Storage Area Network concepts (SAN)· Strong hardware/software troubleshooting skills· Experience in the following areas: Patch Management, McAfee ePO, Clustering, OS Upgrades, computer security and system monitoring and logging· Experience with Windows 2008/Windows 7; HP hardware (i.e. server, workstations RAIDS, and thin clients); Tivoli, SQL Server; and Red Hat Linux· Must be willing and able to travel approximately 20% to off-site locations for installations and maintenance work on short notice as needed.· Team lead experience, communication and diplomatic skills a must; significant interaction with various segments of the program.
- Experience working in a Military environment, with ability to work with Customer to ensure program success
often requiring coordination between organizations and vendors· Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations.Desired Skills: · Ensure successful planning, deployment, installation, and upgrades of products within required timelines and resource allocations over multiple geographic sites· Experience with desktop workstation collaboration products and protocols· Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common network services such as Active Directory, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and troubleshooting as well as Microsoft Office Suite· Strong analytic and research skills - must be detail oriented· Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiencyBS Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience (BS degree = 8 years relevant experience).
- Requires the ability to effectively interact with external personnel on significant technical matters
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.