The Human Resources function at Raytheon’s Space and Airborne Systems is considered a business partner and valued member of any leadership team. We have an opportunity for a human Resources Generalist to support two functions, Contracts and Finance. The responsibilities are split 50%/50% reporting to 2 different Directors of Human Resources responsible for these respective functions who are there to provide guidance and growth to the HR Generalist.
For Contracts, the HR Generalist is the primary point of contact (PoC) for the Contracts vice president and leadership team (LT) responsible for meeting client needs and driving HR initiatives in Organizational Effectiveness, Talent Development and Change Management along with the LT. As the primary PoC, this role is part of the Contracts leadership team, attending all leadership meetings and represents HR at Corporate Contracts talent reviews. This role is also responsible for supporting the Contracts team with hiring, performance management and total compensation planning as well as any other pertinent HR processes.
For Finance, the HR Generalist is the primary point of contact for the west coast finance teams (Secure Sensor Solutions, Electronic Warfare Systems and Space Systems) partnering with the Finance leaders to support their teams with hiring, performance management and total compensation planning. This role will work with the Director Human Resources and LT member(s) to roll out HR processes and initiatives such as Total Compensation Planning, organizational changes, and internal talent reviews.
- Execution of critical HR processes, including compensation, performance management, talent acquisition, talent development and workforce planning.
- Ensures Talent Acquisition and Talent Development needs are met with appropriate and timely support and resources in collaboration with the HR team
- Advocate and drive for the resolution of employee issues and concerns including internal investigations, corrective actions and coaching
- Builds credible relationships with front and mid-level leaders through trust, collaboration and effective communication
- Applies sound judgment to identify issues and prescribe HR solutions in ambiguous situations with confidence
- Develops a reputation as a neutral and approachable HRG focused on employees, front and mid-level managers, senior leaders and the organization
- Collaborates with the HR Business Partner, HR Operations Center, and Centers of Excellence to provide high-impact HR solutions
- Serves as a trusted advisor to front, mid-level and senior leaders and employees.
- Embraces and models Raytheon’s core values, integrity and accountability to further advance the organizational culture
- Consistent application of Raytheon HR policies to mitigate risk and ensure equitable solutions
- Apply service excellence concepts to the HR Generalist role and demonstrate key behaviors, actions and competencies that support everyday excellence.
- Minimum of 8 years of HR experience with increasing responsibilities in the following areas: coaching and advising management, employees on organizational change, learning and development, performance management, organizational effectiveness, talent acquisition, and employee relations
- Excellent team building skills, self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the HR strategic partnership in driving business results
- Creative problem solver with strong attention to detail, organization, and follow-up skills
- Solid HR fundamentals and broad-based experience in HR, including employee relations and knowledge and understanding of EEO laws, Affirmative Action and conflict resolution
- Strong communication skills to include verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Demonstrated courage to appropriately push back in the Company’s best interest and to meet compliance requirements
- Ability to influence, advocate and lead change
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal employment, labor and compliance requirements
- Must be able to work with all levels of the organization and handle high levels of confidentiality
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed environment
Required Education:Bachelor’s degree This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources
- Working in a geographically dispersed environment
- Previous aligned to a Contracts and/or Finance organization
- Previous experience working for a government defense contractor
- Experience using Success Factors or other Compensation Planning Tools
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.