Ground System/Software Development Lead (Job Number:441461)
SAIC is seeking a Ground System Software Development Lead on the OMES II contract at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in support of the Mission Control System segment of the Ground System for Restore-L. The position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Restore-L mission is a Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Satellite Servicing Project Division (SSPD) managed mission. Restore-L is a robotic servicing mission designed to refuel a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite. It contains 3 elements: the Flight Element comprised of the Restore-L Servicing Vehicle (RSV) and development testbeds, the Ground Element comprised of the systems required to conduct RSV operations and the supporting networks and facilities, and the Launch Element comprised of the Launch Vehicle and supporting facilities and services.
The Ground System Software Development Lead is responsible for the acquisition and oversight of all development associated with the Ground System (GS. Job responsibilities will include:
• Lead definition of overall system architecture/design.
• Implement control of SW Process in accordance with the RGE Software Development Plan.
• Chair RGE level 4 requirements Change Control Board (CCB) and RGE Subsystem Discrepancy Review board.
• Act as Dev Lab customer point of contact – develop specifications for development facility, review ITI implementation.
• Oversee implementation of RGE System, including external RGE interfaces and develop interface control documents, as required.
• Maintain RGE Build Plan (requirements map to each build), build development milestones, and ensure system is delivered on schedule.
• Oversee giver-receiver items and coordinate with appropriate external parties to ensure expectations are coordinated and tracked.
• Responsible for RGE System integration and RGE level 4 Requirements Verification.
• Work with Test Lead to develop and execute system integration test plans and activities to verify level 4 requirements.
• Supervise Test Lead to execute Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) with Build deliveries and to provide risk reduction in early development activities
• Responsible for configuration management of all systems and interfaces during RGE I&T and operations.
• Provide and actively prepare technical communications for reviews (e.g., NASA critical design review) and regular status reporting; Report detailed system status at the monthly SSPD PSR.
• Drive technical content for all engineering critical design reviews, review all materials, and actively participate in each review.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors Degree and 14 years or more related experience.
• Knowledge of software lifecycle [continuous integration (CI) services, software configuration management (git), and bug/issue tracking systems preferred.
• Previous experience leading ground software development efforts; must possess strong leadership qualities, tact, and sound business judgment.
• Knowledge of system engineering tools and processes.
• Knowledge of operating systems across various platforms and versions (RHEL and Ubuntu Linux, OS X/macOS, and Windows) and familiarization with interoperability methodologies.
• Possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to assess complex problems and propose practical solutions.
• Possess high organizational capabilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The following experience is preferred:
• Software CM and unit test automation.
• Experience conducting various NASA level reviews including, design reviews, requirement reviews, integration reviews, as well as trade studies.
• Knowledge of relevant technical standards such as CCSDS, TCP/IP, and JPEG.
• Experience with space system mission operations for LEO spacecraft.
• Experience with SN, NEN, NIMO; video distribution systems; system security; publish subscribe architectures (GMSEC).
• Knowledge of and work consistent with industry best practices in accordance with government regulations.
• Direct, relevant experience and familiarization with NASA system architecture and organizational structures.
• NASA Goddard Space Flight Center mission experience a plus.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 26, 2018, 5:58:46 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-GREENBELT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job