Deputy Program Manager_AMCS (Job Number:441420)
SAIC has an immediate need for a Deputy Program Manager for System Engineering, System Integration and Management on the Aviation Mission Common Server (AMCS) project.
JOB DESCRIPTION: This candidate will lead the effort to maintain and increase capability on the AMCS System Engineering, CAST- 32A and System Integration activities. The candidate will work closely with the PM to manage cost, schedule and performance for the project. In a team environment, the candidate will lead work directly with funding customer for the integration and testing of software applications on the AMCS hardware.
The AMCS is a software modernization of the current Improved Data Modem (IDM) 401 System that is planned to align with Modular Open Systems Approaches (MOSA), Common Operating Environment (COE), and Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) guidelines using the legacy IDM 401 system hardware platform as its basis to host not only the IDM operational software application but other avionics applications as well.
- Support the AMCS System Engineering and Management Program Manager (PM) with day-to-day oversight on cost, schedule and technical activities.
- Be able to lead and provide guidance to the technical team.
- Work well with the System Simulation and Software Integration (S3I) Government customer (Technical Monitor).
- Manage the AMCS Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) using MS Project.
- Lead multiple Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) with representatives from both Government and other contractors. IPTs include, but not limited to: (1) Airworthiness / Software Safety, (2) Programmatic IPT, (3) Technical IPT, and (4) Test & Integration Working Group.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree with 15+ years system engineering and management experience with at least 6 years in a leadership position.
- Direct experience with Army Aviation equipment, Army Airworthiness and System Integration.
- Demonstrated experience with managing a Agile (Scrum) software development team.
- Experience working in a research and development laboratory environment desirable.
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong interpersonal communications skills and ability to work across geographically diverse groups.
- Ability to successfully complete tasks with minimal direction both working as an individual contributor as well as a team member.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Experience with use of MS Office Suite.
- Successful candidate must possess a SECRET Security Clearance.
- Experience in development of Airworthiness Qualification Statement / Specification (AQS).
- Experience with development of Level III Technical Data Package (TDP) per MIL-STD-31000.
- Working knowledge of the Future Airborne Capabilities Environment (FACE) technical standard.
- Understanding of ARINC-653.
- Experience with Airworthiness Certification process and required testing to obtain an Airworthiness Release (AWR).
- Working knowledge / experience with Government guidance documents.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 26, 2018, 11:52:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job