System Administrator for GSE - Military veterans preferred
Description JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Performs high-level, day to day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers.
- Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedules installation and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating. implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of carrying complexities.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Plans and implements the modernization of servers.
- Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies and configuration guidelines.
- Incumbent develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures.
- Incumbent in this job works closely with Network and Systems Analysts to help determine and develop the system that will be implemented.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
- Clearance Level To Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
- Bachelors degree and nine (9) years or more relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years working on Aerospace Ground Support Equipment
- Minimum of 5 years working on Satellite Ground Systems
- Must be able to support Satellite Ground Systems schedules as required.
- 5 years for AF SMC IT support
- IAT = Information Assurance Technical
- IAM = Information Assurance Manager
- IASE = Information Assurance Support Environment
- CSSP = Cybersecurity Service Provider
More Jobs For Veterans...