Do you find it easy to make decisions?
Do you yearn to be the one people rely on most?
Are you an expert at helping people to perform at their peak technical and behavioral efficiency while providing them with vision and common goals?
If your answers are yes, we are looking for you to join our team at Raytheon Missile Systems in Tucson, AZ! We are the System Design & Performance (SDP) Directorate, part of RMS Engineering, and we are seeking a Senior Leader to assume the important role of (Director I) Center Manager for the Systems Design Center (SDC) which has employees located in Tucson AZ, McKinney TX, and Huntsville AL.
The SDP Directorate is organized into five Centers, responsible for systems engineering, signal processing and algorithm development, guidance, navigation and control, and system modeling and simulation for Raytheon Missile Systems’ (RMS) broad portfolio of projects, programs, and products. Within the Directorate, SDC has the responsibility to work with the other SDP Centers and provide Systems Engineer expertise for all RMS products, support new business initiatives, and develop and execute related technology. SDC is the primary organization that ensures RMS products meet customer performance requirements. SDC is responsible for developing system requirements, developing and implementing system architectures, driving the technical maturity of systems and verifying that the delivered system meets customer requirements. SDC is also responsible for developing and implementing Model Based Systems Engineering on RMS programs.
As the Center Manager (CM) for SDC, you have a key role within SDP leading more than 500 engineers organized in five Departments which are divided into approximately 40 Sections. You will be accountable for growing and maintaining employee skills, providing the strategic vision for the Center, executing annual Center budgets, managing various strategic IRAD projects related to Center skills, and meeting the technical and staffing/hiring needs of RMS' programs and customers - both internal and external (e.g. government labs, government sub-contractors, etc...).
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The SDC Center Manager has a variety of responsibilities which fall within three main categories: Leadership, Technical Expertise, and Project Management.
· You are responsible for the results and effectiveness of the diverse set of employees and skills in the center.
· Other responsibilities include succession planning, organizational health and vitality assessment, career coaching, performance development, mentoring, goal establishment and alignment, management of remote employees, and to champion respect, diversity and ethics.
· You will also provide strong performance management leadership by defining responsibilities, participating in talent acquisition, planning compensation for new hires and existing staff, motivating employees, offer challenging developmental opportunities, rewarding employee efforts appropriately, demonstrating effective problem solving, and providing continuous improvement of our people, processes, tools and products.
· You will be part of the Lead Systems Engineer (LSE) Council developing and maturing the LSEs at RMS.
· Understand and lead the Systems Engineering performance on all RMS programs
· The CM coordinates and collaborates with other Functional leaders, Product Line Leaders, Program management, Human Resources and Talent Acquisition, and other RTN Business Unit peers (e.g. IDS and SAS) and teams to support and win new business.
· You are accountable for systems engineering technical, cost and schedule performance for related work on all RMS programs and IRADs.
· Your role also includes establishing and managing the Center's indirect budget for daily operations working with SDP leadership and finance. This includes but is not limited to travel budgets, learning and development, Section Head execution planning, award budgeting, potential capital funding projects, staffing and employee resource planning (fringe budgeting), etc...
· You are expected to continuously adapt to changing business needs, while accurately messaging and influencing customers and executive leadership
· Fourteen (14+) years of related experience; preferably with engineering or program experience which may include leadership roles such as Section Head, IPT Lead, CPT Lead, and/or Program Manager demonstrating a strong technical and management background with the ability to prioritize work load in a multi-tasking, resource constrained work environment.
· Strong Systems thinker with experience performing a Systems Engineering role
· Demonstrated mentoring skills
· Demonstrated flexible leadership/management style for leading a diverse engineering and artist/lab administration organization located in multiple locations.
· Must currently have or recently have held a DoD issued Secret Security clearance
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, or Math or related fields
· Fourteen (14+) years of related experience; preferably with engineering or RMS program experience which may include leadership roles such as Section Head, IPT Lead, CPT Lead, and/or Program Manager demonstrating a strong technical and management background with the ability to prioritize work load in a multi-tasking, resource constrained work environment.
· Influential communication skills including effective written, verbal and listening skills communicating at all levels of the organization
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with peers, programs, senior RMS management, and customers in a team environment
· A “strategic thinker” who does not operate in a silo, but can think about where an organization is heading or needs to go, while also considering the technical aspects of how to get there
· TS/SSBI DoD Clearance preferred. Employees will be working proprietary efforts
· Masters in Engineering, Physics, Math or related fields
· Experience in a program leadership position with strong knowledge of program management
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience leading a multi-disciplined organization
· Experience leading or performing Systems Engineering on programs
· Knowledge of MBSE methodologies, tools and techniques
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.