full-time employee contract
ManTech is recruiting highly talented engineers with skills and background related to launch vehicle quality engineering in rocket avionics, structures and mechanisms to assist the Air Force redefine the future of National Security space launch, and we are growing our team to bring SpaceX Falcon Heavy in to the Air Force portfolio. We are seeking experienced and energetic candidates to join our world-class team in Hawthorne, CA. This position supports Air Force Space and Missile Center (SMC) certification and Non-Recurring Design Validation of SpaceX's Falcon Heavy launch vehicle being used to provide launch services for National Security Space (NSS) satellite missions.
• Responsible for reporting assessment and evaluation results to senior program managers and customer representative
• Interface with a multi-disciplined team consisting of multiple Contractors and team members
• Work with a launch vehicle provider to schedule and track audits to be performed during rocket certification activities
• Develop products such data tables, audit checklists, presentations, and reports status to the customer. Reviews completed team products for completeness and acceptance.
• Compile and present weekly status charts of team to AF leadership.
• Complete perform audits and audit checklists in preparation for Engineering Review Boards and design reviews
• Interface with customer, design engineers, project manager, and production personnel.
• Participate in Engineering Review Boards and apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
• Examine product design and its implementation to manufacturing processes assessing/evaluating the manufacturing baseline for qualification, capability, process control and maturity.
• Assess documentation for proper configuration management and change control.
• Assess/ evaluate conformance to standards, specifications, drawings, procedures, work instructions, other contractual requirements and the trace-ability to the functional and physical characteristics of configuration items.
• Generate audit checklists and conduct production floor audits to verify documented processes are being followed.
• Review process changes to determine impact to process stability.
• Assess facilities manufacturing capacity, production readiness, and vendor/supplier control requirements.
• A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant subject such as Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering, and 8-10 years of relevant experience
• Strong background and experience in Aerospace and Launch Vehicles in the areas of Avionics, Flight Software and Guidance and Navigation Control, Structures, Propulsion.
• Analytical and critical thinking skills, interpersonal skills, listening with oral and written communication Skills, leadership skills and organizational skills
• Proficient in MS Office suite, specifically MS Power Point and MS Excel
• Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure. Multi-Tasking Ability.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Security clearance.
Other Skills Preferred:
• 8-10 years of experience with BS and experience involving quality engineering, product ability or manufacture of complex products; application of modern quality principles and methods including: quality management system standards, product and process controls, measurement and test, audits, statistical applications, corrective and preventive actions, and lean manufacturing.
• Experience with space-qualified parts fabrication and assembly.
• Experience with manufacturing-based ERP systems
• Master's Degree desirable
• Active Secret Security clearance (strongly preferred)