What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Global Trade Manager – Export Licensing
Raytheon IDS – Andover, MA
This Global Trade Manager position for the RaytheonIntegrated Defense Systems (IDS) business unit is responsible for providing guidance and support on the application of U.S. Government export/import regulations including, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and US Customs and Border Protection Regulations.
The role includes management/mentoring direct report employees. Additionally, it requires interfacing with both internal and external customers on export/import requirements and activities, developing and delivering training, preparing licenses and complex agreements necessary to export technical data, defense services and hardware to non-US persons. This job entails assuring compliance with all US Export/Import laws and regulations and record keeping requirements.
This is a high visibility position interfacing with all functions and levels of management across IDS.
NOTE - Capped Relocation at a $15K budget is available if the selected applicant is eligible per Company Policy.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Supervise/Mentor export / import personnel in day to day export/Import activities and assignments.
- Work with direct reports to establish goals, complete performance reviews and assist with career development.
- Participate with other managers (Program, Contracts, Business Development, and Integrated Supply Chain) in the development and implementation of enterprise and business unit EXIM policies and procedures for managing associated risk areas.
- Assists with the development of licensing strategies for the international marketing, sales, support, offshore procurement, and manufacturing of defense and dual use articles.
- Participates in the preparation, approval, submission and management of license applications, Technical Assistance Agreements (TAA's), Manufacturing License Agreements (MLA's), and other requests to the US Department of State Office of Defense Trade Control Licensing, and US Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security, ensuring consistency, accuracy, and provides final approval prior to submission.
- Includes ensuring all administration/record keeping requirements are met for licenses and agreements.
- Represents IDS Export/Import in meetings and discussions with US Government personnel and potentially with foreign customers
- Act as the primary interface for the assigned programs on interpretation of US Government regulatory requirements and Company Export/Import policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Assists in assessment of export/import related compliance concerns with legal and the Manager, EXIM Operational Excellence
- Participates in and supports compliance audits and investigations
- Identifies training needs and develops and delivers Export/Import compliance training as required for employees engaged in international business activities.
- Handles complex licensing issues involving permanent and temporary export licenses, as well as temporary import licenses.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 8 + years Export/Import related experience
- Experience with the application of export/import regulations (eg. the ITAR, EAR, Customs, BATFE and OFAC)
- Education – Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 12 years of directly applicable experience in Export Import Administration/Management
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
- Must have been an Empowered official in most recent position.
- Extensive experience in drafting, submitting and implementing complete TAAs and MLAs.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience with complex scheduling and team building.
- Excellent Analytical skills and proven ability to interpret and implement ExIm regulations accurately.
- Ability to think strategically and integrate export/import licensing requirements with company’s international business objectives.
- Excellent customer relation/interpersonal skills – ability to participate in multi-function teams working on Export/Import issues with the ability to drive issues to conclusion.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through with the ability to resolve situations that are ambiguous or incomplete.
- Self-starter who can develop effective networks with internal customers.
- Ability to prioritize among demanding and sometimes conflicting requirements - Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Professional
- Ability to accurately present complex materials clearly and in conformance with required regulations and guidelines
- Experience with OCR EASE Software Application
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to obtain DOD Security Secret Clearance, except in rare cases only US Citizens are eligible to obtain US DOD Clearances.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.