Tactical and Strategic Command and Control (C2) Section Manager and Product Line Manager
Looking for an opportunity to make a difference? The IDS C2 and Battlefield Radar (C2BFR) Software Department is in search of a section manager to provide guidance, leadership, and management to a section of 15 to 20 Software Engineers working the Tactical and Strategic C2 product line. While performing other program duties, the section manager will be responsible for employee performance development and assessment and ensure all personnel are properly prepared and trained for the scope of their task. In addition, the C2 section manager is the Product Line Manager for the Tactical and Strategic C2 products. As such, he or she has overall responsible for budgeting and manpower planning, product line roadmap, metrics, proposals, EVMS, and EACs for the C2 programs and pursuits.
As a part of the C2BFR software leadership team, the section manager will help achieve the department goals, support the product line roadmap, and participate in or lead several initiatives, including flawless C2 program execution, productivity and quality improvements (including use of AFPD, DevOps, and Six Sigma), new business, affordability, and innovation.
Specific Section Manager Duties Include:
• Monitoring / planning staff workload and ensuring that each member has full time work throughout the yearRequired Skills:
• Preparing budgets, schedules, staffing plans, etc. as required to manage support to programs
• Improving productivity and quality of the sections efforts/products
• Advancing the technology of the sections products/processes
• Communicating Flow-Down to the section
• Approving timecards, expense reports
• Performance development/assessment and salary planning
• Rewarding employees and approving RStar achievement and Spot awards
• Ensuring section members adhere to Raytheon policy and support Raytheon’s vision and goals
• Ensuring section members are trained for their role and assigned tasks
• Tracking metrics
• Providing proposal support
• Providing technical or managerial contributions to one or more programs/pursuits
• Minimum ten (10) years of experience in Software or Systems EngineeringDesired Skills:
• Familiarity with C2 Architecture and C5I domain
• Knowledge of basic system engineering processes including system integration and verification
• Experience with basic defense acquisition processes for software and systems (for example, RFPs, proposals, contracts/subcontracts, Gate and Milestone Reviews)
• Software C5 metrics and cost estimating
• Earned Value management
• Prior experience in functional or program leadership role (e.g., section manager, or IPT lead)
• Good communication skills and ability to effectively interact with subordinates, customers, and other Raytheon organizations.
• Excellent coaching and facilitation skills
• Strong goal-setting and planning skills
• Excellent follow-through and persistence
• Active secret clearance
• Large scaled COTS/FOSS integration experienceRequired Education (including Major):
• Agile scrum master or product owner
• Cloud computing
• DevOps, Automated testing experience
• Currently or recently worked on one or more C2 programs
• EVMS certified
• BOE writer certified
• Proven multi-disciplinary leadership ability
• Master’s Degree in STEM, or MBA
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.