This is a multi-level position that can be a salary grade G09 (CG73) or G10 (CF79) based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, education, experience and responsibilities required for the position.
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) serves as the Quality interface providing Supplier Quality support to assigned supply base in support of the Inertial Measurement Unit Product Team (IMU PT). This is a product focused assignment on a multi-disciplined team that manages products for multiple RMS programs. In this assignment, the SQE will primarily interface with one supplier regarding IMU products, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and specification driven. IMU PT SQEs are involved in all aspects of planning and executing development and production. Candidate should possess knowledge of the related manufacturing and quality processes. This position is based in Tucson, AZ with periodic travel (US and International).
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to: monitor performance of assigned suppliers, analyze gaps to achieve 100% quality, collaborate with programs and suppliers to develop/execute performance improvement plans, perform product verification in accordance with applicable drawing and purchase order requirements, witness/verify product qualification, verify first article inspection in accordance with AS9102, conduct various audits/reviews, participate in risk mitigation and problem resolution while guiding suppliers to implement appropriate preventive and corrective actions. The SQ Field Engineer will analyze and assimilate multiple sources of data such as: process capability, audit findings, defect data, corrective actions, and supplier ratings/performance history, to identify and act on systemic issues within a supplier’s Quality Management System.
- Six (6) or more years of related engineering experience. G10-Six (8) or more years of related engineering experience.
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Understanding of inertial measurement products/capabilities, electronic technology and the related manufacturing and quality processes and support systems/tools.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a team-based setting (with customers, suppliers, and internal stakeholders); professional demeanor, and effective interpersonal skills.
- Project management skills such identifying required resources, developing project plans, and driving project execution. Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate teams.
- Demonstrate ability to understand drawings, work instructions, Bills of Materials
- Demonstrate effective communicator and presenter (verbal and written) skills
- Experience working in a dynamic environment that requires prioritization and flexibility to support competing requirements.
- Experience with the following:
- QMS Assessments/effectiveness evaluations
- Risk Assessment/Mitigation
- RCCA (Root Cause and Corrective Action)
- PWAR (Pre-Work Authorization Review)
- PAR (Post-Award Review)
- SI (Source Inspection) and SIP (Source Inspection Plans)
- PPV (Product and Process Verification) Audit
- FAI (First Article Inspection)
- PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis)
- CMR (Compliance Matrix Review) for technical data requirements
- Process Mapping
- Identify key process parameters/characteristics
- QCP (Quality Control Plans)
- Detailed Work Instructions
- Critical Parameter Management
- SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- Error/Mistake Proofing
- Working knowledge/experience with Microsoft Office (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project) or similar and business systems.
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience with inertial measurement products/capabilities, electronic technology and the related manufacturing and quality processes and support systems/tools.
- Experience with ISO 9001 and/or AS9100 Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Six Sigma or ASQ Certification
- Level 5 Mission Assurance Certification (Internal Candidates)
- Data analysis; development and usage of actionable metrics
- Proficiency in any "required skill" area.
- Engineering development experience and transition from development to production.
- Knowledge of Measurement System Analysis and Design of Experiments
- Knowledge of Performance Specification and Requirements Management Practices
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Business.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- B.S. in Engineering, Science, Technology, Mathematics or related Engineering field.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.