Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
Ft. Meade; Senior Microsoft Windows System Administrator; MCSE or MCSA desired, working knowledge of Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 with patching and system hardening. Detailed knowledge of PKI certifications. Ability and experience with Cisco ASA 5510 as well as Site to Site VPN on firewalls. Updating Group policies, understanding of Oracle 10G. Working understanding of ComSec and encryption devices and electronic keys. Understanding of SNMP, IAVA patches; working knowledge on Visio to maintain and create new cable and network diagrams. Maintain/update SOP's and SSP's for system accreditation.
Senior System Administrator
Technical Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
• Through understanding of Active Directory Services & Interfaces (ADSI)
• Highly knowledgeable with Windows 200X, Microsoft Exchange 200x, Oracle 10G & 11G
• Highly knowledgeable with applications that can access LDAP, NDS, and other directories that ADSI interfaces
• Knowledgeable in computer and network security concepts, techniques and systems
• Knowledgeable in network components and interfaces
• Knowledgeable of cloud operations
• Ability to resolve and /or troubleshoot system problems while complying with Sponsor’s policies and procedures
• Keeps abreast of current development and trends in relative areas of technology
• Produces Professional documentation for standards, polices, and procedures
• Ability to articulate complex technical architectures to a non-technical audience
• Be flexible in an environment that is consistently changing to meet the needs of the sponsor
• Perform O&M services in the COMSEC operational system to support ad-hoc customer requirement, duties to include, but not limited to maintenance and support for LMD/KP Subsystems, Maintenance and support for the MGC and AKP, maintain connectivity to Central Facility, perform KP Re-initialization, support Re-certification, perform LMD/KPEKMS COMSEC Account Site Initialization, perform Phase 5 Platform Conversion, update virus definitions, apply operating system patches as required, and perform daily backups.
• Working knowledge with UNIX/LINUX Operating Systems
Education and Experiences:
• Experience in a work environment of 200 or more users:
• DOD 8570 Level 1 Certification (or be able to obtain certification within 6 months of start date)
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.