Technical Writer & Project Administration (Job Number:441439)
SAIC has a need for a Technical Writer and Program Administration to support the Systems Simulation, Software and Integration (S3I) Aviation Mission Common Server (AMCS) program within the Aviation System Integration Facility (ASIF). The candidate will need strong organizational and communication skills to support the AMCS team to operate effectively and efficiently. The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, explain complex information in a clear and concise manner and working with technical staff to ensure accuracy of reports, documents and delivered products. The successful candidate will also provide administrative support to the AMCS Project Manager and the AMCS project team.
The successful candidate MUST POSSESS A SECRET clearance.
- The successful candidate will have a BA with 3+ years of related experience (equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree)
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit technical documents and manuals.
- Proficiency with MS office products to include MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Able to take minutes during formal and informal meetings and reviews.
- Able to publish meeting minutes in a timely manner that meets the PM’s expectations and contract requirements.
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature / documents.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Review formal and informal deliverables and team documents for grammar, spelling, accuracy, and clarity of meaning.
- Possess ability to work with others to obtain and understand technical content and terminology.
- Experience with Vision 2013.
- Demonstrable ability and experience in working effectively with teams with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to schedule Conference Rooms at both SAIC and S3I locations
- Strong attention to detail
- Will have ability to determine and anticipate needs within the AMCS team and offer assistance where able.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 29, 2018, 11:10:25 AM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job