As a liaison between operations and Supply Chain, the SCM logistics coordinator is knowledgeable and responsible for day-to-day logistics operations. The position is responsible for ensuring strategic initiatives meet the needs of field operations. Equally important, the position is responsible for ensuring strategic initiatives are implemented and supported at the field level. The scope includes ground transportation, rail, maritime, and air.
The position works closely with suppliers, category management, and other strategic functions ensuring field operations requirements are known and met.
The position requires specific domain knowledge related to oil and gas fracturing operations, sand logistics, sand distribution, and suppliers.
- Forecasting – Understands relationship between master schedule, customer proposals/procedures, and historical usage patterns to develop continually improving forecasts of supply requirements, at the category level (e.g. trucking) as well as the individual service mix level (e.g. carrier vs. sand trucking vs. rail)
- Supply Planning – Oversees purchase requisitions to ensure materials and services are delivered to job locations with appropriate timing and quantities
- Logistics Planning – Develops plans for trucking and material deliveries to assure on-time delivery while minimizing total cost of delivered products/services by balancing locations, mode of transportation, suppliers and numbers of deliveries
- Opportunity Identification – Identifies and articulates value add / cost savings opportunities based on total cost of ownership analysis
- Supplier Monitoring - Manages supplier performance using appropriate metrics and process
- Decision Making - Embraces fact-based decision-making processes; naturally seeks to leverage/integrate analysis of quantitative and qualitative factors affecting total cost of ownership
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the mobilization and demobilization of sand equipment for maximum efficiency
- Responsible for collecting freight tickets, bills of lading and any other load data for verification and accuracy
- Manage high call volume and email communications throughout shift
- Dispatch trip plans and verify location status
- Communicate frequently with drivers and sand coordinators to:
- Ensure safe and efficient sand delivery operation
- Ensure sand deliveries are on time and in compliance with government regulations, company policies/procedures and customer expectations
- Work closely with dispatch to inform of sand counts and schedules; advises when to dispatch trucks; reroute and divert trucks accordingly to prevent and/or reduce demurrage
- Collect data throughout shift to ensure accurate documentation and reporting
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to make and gain buy-in from stakeholders through influencing skills.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations best practices.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member at all organizational levels.
- Ability to understand all safety requirements and cautions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
Required Experience and Education
- High school degree or equivalent; recent college graduate preferred
- Minimum of 3 years front line industry experience preferred
- Demand and supply planning experience
- Maintain a valid driver license and the ability to operate a vehicle for C&J
- SAP experience is preferred
- Experience with 3rd party logistics software is preferred
- Must be able to work day/night shift rotations