Project Manager (Job Number:441481)
Science Applications International Corp. (NYSE: SAIC) is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge that enables the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in U.S. state and federal governments. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information visit saic.com.
About the SAIC MSI Program
SAIC has been awarded a $165 million contract by the Commonwealth of Virginia to serve as a multi-sourcing service integrator (MSI). Under the contract, SAIC will provide an innovative approach to assist the Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA) with modernizing the state’s technology infrastructure. SAIC will coordinate and monitor multiple IT infrastructure services suppliers for state executive branch agencies. The MSI is the cornerstone of a strategy that will diversify the state’s portfolio of suppliers, improve service delivery quality, ensure cost-competitiveness, and provide transparency and accountability into the commonwealth’s service delivery platform.
SAIC is seeking a Project Manager to join our Program Management Office (PMO) team supporting the VITA contract. Project Managers manage multiple concurrent infrastructure services delivery projects and serve as liaison between the PMO, the project team, and MSI Business Relationship Managers.
- Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management
- Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients
Background / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree and three (3) years or more of related experience; Masters and one (1) years or more of related experience. HS Diploma or Equivalent + 4 years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Significant experience managing projects and developing project schedules.
- Prior experience working in or supporting a PMO.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, SharePoint, and Adobe Products.
- This position requires SAIC's customer approval of your qualifications to support the Virginia Information Technology Agency (VITA) - (MSI) Support Services Contract which includes successful completion of the VITA Enterprise Background Check, comprised of a Virginia State Police and Federal Bureau of Investigations fingerprint background investigation.
- This position requires local travel in support of the various state agencies supported by this program.
- Prior experience working with ServiceNow project scheduling function desired.
- Prior experience working with or for a Commonwealth of Virginia agency desired.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- ITIL Certification preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 29, 2018, 12:44:43 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RICHMOND
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Shift: Day Job