Cyber Operations Engineer III (Job Number:441502)
The National Security Customer Group of SAIC currently has a contingent position for a Cyberspace Operations Engineer to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) J3, Fort Meade, Maryland.
The successful candidate communicates complex programmatic cyber planning information, orally and in writing, elicits understanding and support from professional peers and non-specialists. Demonstrates broad, expert knowledge of the Command’s Cyber missions, authorities, and capabilities as well as equivalent information regarding the roles and responsibilities of the Command’s external program partners which includes (but not limited to) other DoD commands and agencies, other U.S. Government agencies and key partners. Evaluates and conducts development of Cyberspace Operations (CO) requirements and assists in creating CO Lines of Operations (LOO). The Cyber Ops Assessments and Analysis Analyst acts as JOC’s central point for collaboration of cyberspace operations and activities, including those across the Enhanced Shared Situational Awareness (ESSA) and Law Enforcement communities. Tracks, CCIRS, PIRs, SIRs, MOP/MOE across the enterprise and provides and/or handles various reports/requests such as SITREPs, CERFs, JTCRs and the Cyber Tasking Order. The candidate accomplishes the following tasks throughout their shift: maintaining awareness of CCMD/HHQ directives/orders; situational awareness and incident reporting; shift turnover meetings; orders processing; KM tools updating (website, blogs, etc.). Maintains TTPs/training; operational assessments; conducting briefings at all levels; special project collaboration when able; operational reporting; RFIs; AAR and LL inputs; SITREPS, industry/academic collaboration; CCIRS, PIR and EEFI research, development and reporting; executive summaries; tracking and documenting meetings/visits to JOC watch floor; and assisting in preparation of office relocation in accordance with move procedures.
Daily activities include:
- Research and analyzes cybersecurity capabilities to satisfy data protection requirements Evaluates products against the customer’s operational requirements
- Assist with the implementation of security solutions
- Researches, develops requirements, evaluates, tests, and implements new or improved information security software, devices or systems
- Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT and security solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies
- Provides planning, policy, requirements, and integration support for cyber capabilities and identifies opportunities for mission enhancement
- Researches, designs, develops, and implements proof of concept data protection solutions to address vulnerabilities and assists in highly focused, quick-turnaround market research regarding technology trends and/or potential solutions to address specific requirements
- Assists in the evaluation of industry offerings to identify products and technologies with the potential to support the security design, and troubleshoot and problem solve technical and non-technical issues Applies advanced telecommunications knowledge of DOD network designs and operations to analyze and define global network centric solutions Analyzes and evaluates voice/video/data system solutions and provides support for joint full spectrum (terrestrial and space) system and network integration
- Conducts enterprise assessments of threats and vulnerabilities, determines deviations from acceptable configurations and security controls, assesses the level of risk, and develops and/or recommends appropriate remediation strategies
- Maintains thorough knowledge on DODIN operations, U.S. cyberspace operations community architecture, and potential defensive capabilities for countering cyber threats
- Assesses operational risks and issues, develops effective COAs and mitigation strategies, mediates, and coordinates actions
- Supports the design and development of networks and associated enterprise architectures
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience as a Cyberspace Operations Engineer or related functional area with a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline; or seven (7) years of experience with a Master's Degree.
- Minimum DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAM Level III Certification (CISM, CISSP CE, GSLC)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
ACTIVE TS/SCI with Polygraph or the ability to obtain
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 29, 2018, 1:24:09 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job