General Dynamics Mission Systems (https://gdmissionsystems.com/careers/)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 15 years of demonstrated leadership; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 13 years of demonstrated leadership.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Director of Strategic Communications and Public Affairs. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions. Key responsibilities are identified below:
The Director of Strategic Communications and Public Affairs will be responsible for the external communications function for GDMS.
Work with the leadership of the company to organize effectively to develop a strategy and plan to improve our external communications capability to meet business objectives.
The individual will lead a geographically dispersed team and will be responsible for external strategic messaging, media relations and public affairs.
Drive a synchronized editorial operational tempo to identify specific actions and create content and deliverables that will improve GDMS global brand awareness and positioning in the eyes of our served customers.
This leader will work to transform from a Line of Business focused model to a shared Enterprise Communications function that will drive priorities and be in concert with LOB initiatives.
The individual will work in partnership with other enterprise communications functions (Internal Comms, Creative Media and Customer Outreach and Integrated Digital Media) to define, evolve and create enterprise messaging that can be effectively used externally and internally to the company.
Work to remove silos and build effective work practices that are globally effective and inclusive across the GDMS enterprise (e.g. inclusive of international businesses)
This position reports to the VP of Business Development and Strategic Communications
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
• Develops and executes integrated marketing, advertising and public relations campaigns
• Builds and protects the GD and GDMS brands. Positions the company to win top opportunities and enter new markets
• Participates as a key member of the business development, capture development or product development process
• Delivers consistent, professional marketing and sales materials
• Plans, creates and disseminates information using appropriate distribution channels ranging from traditional print to digital and social media to drive business strategy for our capabilities and products
• Produces targeted direct selling events and technical symposia
• Conducts effective media relations and public relations programs
• Plans and participates in trade shows
• Ensures all advertising is consistent with company branding guidance and upholds the company's reputation
• Ensures all company compliance and ethics standards are met
• May supervise work of outside consultants, including marketing communications, digital media and public relations agencies
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Tremendous knowledge of strategic planning, development and coordination of marketing communications programs to promote the sale of company products and services and further the company's sales objectives
• Tremendous knowledge of marketing concepts, practices and tools that will support company value creation in the markets we serve
• Public relations focused staff will need to have knowledge and experience necessary to proactively engage public media channels to advance business objectives as well as react to events that may occur where the company may need to respond to an external request for information about the company, company operations or events that occur in our market that may have impact on the company or customers we serve
• Tremendous verbal and written communication skills, strong inter-cultural communication awareness and skills and the ability to work effectively within and manage teams
• Ensures budgets and schedules meet company requirements
• Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company
• Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers
• Exerts considerable influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization
• Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional, division, or company operations
• Responsible for managing people, including performance evaluations and pay increase recommendations
• Responsible for hire/fire decisions
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran