The Raytheon Engineering team has a need for a Prototype Development Engineer to work in a complex mission environment to define, design, document and test prototypes for national defense systems. The candidate will be working in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. The candidate will perform systems analysis, prototype development as well as mission integration, training and the fielding of products. The successful candidate is a self-starter, has excellent written and verbal communication skills, and works effectively and collaboratively in a team environment. The candidate has a strong work ethic and is flexible and adaptable in order to respond to mission critical needs as they arise.
- Relevant systems engineering and/or software engineering experience
- Ability to support mission integration in a complex environment
- Ability to support system Concept of Operations (CONOPs) development
- Experience supporting the analytic development of software prototypes
- Experience with system internal and external interface definition & documentation (ICDs)
- Experience with system design, trade studies, and/or system integration & verification
- Strong communications, organization, planning and writing skills
- Ability to work in a team environment that includes systems and/or software engineers as demonstrated by successful execution experience
SECURITY CLEARANCE: TS/SCI – CI PolyREQUIRED EDUCATION:BS/BA, MS/MA, or PhD degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science / Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM).This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Experience developing, enhancing, upgrading, maintaining and providing on-the-job-training for prototype
- Experience working in multiple phases of the product development lifecycle
- Experience in software development
- Experience with database, DBMS, SQL
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Experience with agile development as a Product Owner and/or ScrumMaster
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.