This opportunity is for an Operations role within the RSS Product Line in the Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) ISRS Mission Area. In this position you will partner with Program Management, Customers, and other supporting functions to shape, develop and execute the strategies and objectives of the product line and different programs. This role will work extensively in the front end of the business, supporting proposal activity and new business planning for the successful execution of production contracts. Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for supporting the cost, schedule and technical performance of business area production and the cost account management that comes with that production.
- Provide management and coordination in support of the production assembly and testing of various business area products at multiple sites.
- Coordinate material procurement and supplier management to include make/buy/where decisions, assembly, testing, trouble shooting, root cause investigations, proposal support, developing EACs and ensuring appropriate staffing.
- Assure consistent application of common processes; drive requirement standards for full suite of business area customer sets to achieve maximum commonality for SAS/RTN.
- Develop business area Ops priorities in support of program deliveries.
- Drive cross-functional teams to realize significant improvements in value stream performance.
- Accountable for program/business area On-Time Schedule performance.
- Build an agile high performance work team through training, skill set expansion and employee mentoring and coaching.
- Provide Operational services across all functional and business boundaries, and insure commonality.
- Lead Cross Product Team meetings
- Ensure proper resources are available, priorities established and communication occurs with all CPT members/key stakeholders
- Utilize proper corrective actions, discipline and rewards and recognitions consistent with policy
- Minimum of 6 years of program operations, management, operations or related experience
- Defense Industry experience
- Experience developing and managing all common processes necessary to execute predictable product delivery and execution of RSS strategy and goals in a fast paced, high mix, low volume made to order manufacturing environment
- Experience with configuration management and engineering change processes
- Experience proactively identifying and executing opportunities for process and yield improvement, and supportive of business initiatives including Raytheon Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing
- Experience analyzing and using metrics and to convey these metrics in an intelligible manner to team, leadership and other relevant parties
- Experience promoting and understanding the value of diversity to the business
- Experience with SAP and/or ERP systems knowledge
- Experience with Multi-site Leadership
- EVMS training and/or Certification
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Understands the value of communication and keeps the team, leadership and other relevant parties fully informed of performance, gaps and success
- Experience in supervising and driving the day-to-day activities of a diverse & cross functional team in a healthy, robust matrixed environment
- Cost Control Account experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, team building, change management and team leadership experience and able to work with minimum direct supervision.
- Ability to influence development of project objectives and goals.
- 4 years of factory management experience
- 4 years of operations management experience
- Demonstrates initiative, persistence and creativity in problem solving
- Competence with MS Office and Project applications
: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or related DisciplineDesired Education:
Bachelors of Science Degree (B.S.) and/or Masters of Science Degree (M.S.) in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related technical field.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.