What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Program Contracts position supporting IDS' Mission Systems & Sensors (MSS) Programs in Woburn, MA. This position is responsible for a full range of contract management actions in support of the Missile Defense Product Area. In this highly visible role, you’ll provide significant Contracts leadership with regular customer engagement, and support to the business and programs relative to domestic, competitive and international strategic pursuits as well as pertaining to both production and engineering development programs.
The scope of your responsibilities will include:
This position reports directly to the Senior Manager, Contracts for the Missile Defense Product Area.This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.Required Skills:
- Front-end engagement in structuring sound business arrangements
- Developing contract negotiation strategies
- Providing governance to the program team in carrying out the terms of the contract
- Offering solutions to mitigate contractual/program risks
- Serving as a focal point of contact with the customer for all contractual matters
- 10+ years' experience in domestic and/or international contracts management, law, engineering or business administration
- Experience negotiating contract terms and conditions
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- US Citizenship is required
Required Education: Bachelor’s DegreeThis job is posted internally as: Manager Program Contracts
- Defense industry experience
- Experience with contracts "common body of knowledge" (i.e. FAR, DFARS, ITAR, EAR, TINA, EVMS or UCC)
- Flexible to address complex contracting issues and able to develop solutions while delivering timely high quality products
- Knowledge of financial business principles and understanding of applicability to contracts and business
- Ability and experience recognizing risk elements in business transactions
- Experience working sole source and competitive domestic and international programs/acquisitions
- Experience with the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and Direct Commercial Sales (DCS)
- CFCM or Other Professional Certification
- Excellent interpersonal & communications (written and oral) skills
- Master’s Degree
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.