Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) Contracts has an opening for a Manager, Contracts supporting the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Systems (ISRS) mission area as a key contributor to the Electro Optical Distributed Aperture System (EODAS) and Tactical EO/IR Systems (TES) Product Lines.
This product line is among the fastest evolving within the company and consist of new technology on some of the most advance platforms in the aerospace and defense industry. This position is expected to have the opportunity to propose and negotiate contracts totaling up to ~$500M within the next year in addition to managing existing contracts.
The individual in this role will be responsible for participation in analysis of Request for Proposals (RFP), proposal reviews and coordination, contract negotiation, contract administration, and other business agreements and contracts with defense contractor primes and the U.S. Government. Additionally, responsibilities will include working closely with Program Managers and other program functions to construct, submit and negotiate pricing proposals, provide support to senior management regarding contractual and business issues, ensure that negotiated terms and conditions comply with company policies, and advise management of contractual rights and obligations and mitigation of contractual/program risks. The individual would be expected to lead and mentor more junior employees as the team grows.
- 8 years of experience in the one or more fields including Contract Management, Negotiations, Finance, Supply Chain, Program Management or related fields
- Knowledge of, and experience with, various types of agreements and contracts both Government and Commercial
- Knowledgeable of FAR/DFAR regulations, with an understanding of standard Prime Contractor flow down provisions
- Leadership skills to include strategic thinking, customer focus, performance and results orientation, innovation, and influential communication
- Understand proposal cost structures, material estimates, development costs, performance requirements, delivery schedules, and terms and conditions for accuracy and completeness
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask while delivering timely, high quality products
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing with strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills
- Experience negotiating contract terms and conditions in a defense contractor environment
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 10% domestically
- Computer proficiency, experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and shared data bases
- Current DoD Secret clearance strongly preferred
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Required Education (including Major):
- Good understanding of Intellectual Property issues
- Good understanding of rate structures and pricing strategies
- Experience with ITAR/EAR controls
- Strong knowledge and experience with Raytheon Terms and Conditions
- Experience developing and maintaining high performance relationships with internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Experience leading or training more junior peers
- Experience with program management principles, such as formulating and executing business strategies to reduce risk, enhancing customer satisfaction, building positive customer relationships, improving profitability and supporting the generation of additional business opportunities
BA/BS in Business, or related fieldDesired Education:
JD or Master’s degree a plus.
CFCM, CPCM or equivalent certification 126714
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.