Security - ISSM
This position is for an Information System Security Manager (ISSM) at the Raytheon, Marlborough MA facility. The ISSM is responsible for the Information Assurance (IA) program as stipulated by various US Government requirements including (but not limited to): National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM) and related documentation such as the Office of the Designated Approving Authority (ODAA) Process Manuals, Baseline Technical Security Configuration Standards, DSS Authorization and Assessment Process Manual (DAAPM) as well as customer/contract specific Information Assurance (IA) regulations. Components of the IA program include Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities (documentation preparation, system configuration/validation, certification testing, etc.), security sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, etc.), conducting self-inspections, audit trail review, and delivering information systems security education and awareness. This position manages the IA incident response program as well as interfaces with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), program personnel and government security representatives.
This position is ERIP eligible.
Capped relocation support is available to the selected applicant if eligible per Company policy. Amount of budget to be discussed at the appropriate time.
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
• (6+) years of experience working with and/or supporting computer technologies (such as: Microsoft Office applications, databases, operating systems or computer network hardware)
• This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
• Ability to obtain and maintain Information Security professional certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1-M Level 3 requirements (CISSP or other) within six months of hire date.
• Working experience with operating systems; Solaris, HPUX, Linux, or Windows
• Design and implement a process to identify and mitigate specific risks within the security environment.
• Understands and leverages IDS business knowledge to achieve results (financial, manpower, etc).
• Experience working with government regulations, such as NISPOM, JAFAN, JSIG, DIACAP and Risk Management Framework. Regulation is based on customer requirements
• Experience supporting various system configurations (Stand Alone, Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, Government, and Contractor connections)
• Experience with Interconnected Security Agreements (ISA), Network Security Plans (NSP), Memorandum of Agreement/Understanding (MOA/U)
• Preparation of Assessment and Authorization documents and procedures
• Ability to deliver Information Assurance (IA) related briefings and training material
• Self-motivated and possess good written, verbal, listening and presentation skills, particularly in documenting evaluation results
• Previous experience working in a classified information systems environment
• Desire and ability to work as a team member
• Knowledge of Six Sigma and statistical techniques
• Customer focused, adaptable and willing to work varying assignments
• Familiarity with Test Equipment and Sanitization Procedures
• Organizational skills to include: attention to detail, time management and ability to multitask
• Must be flexible and work with general supervision
• Experience with audit reviews such as: physical security, network and application, password administration, file access privileges, etc.
• CISSP, CISM, Security+ or equivalent 8570 certification
• Bachelor's Degree in either Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology, Criminal Justice, Business or other relevant degree OR 8 years related experience in lieu of degree
The following courses can be completed at the DSS Training Website:
•NISPOM Chapter 8 Requirements for Industry (IS201.16)
•Introduction to Industrial Security (IS011.16 / .06)
•Safeguarding Classified Information (IS109.16 / .06)
•OPSEC Security Awareness(GS130.16)
•Cyber Security Awareness(CI130.16)
•Introduction to the Risk Management Framework (RMF) (CS124.16)
•Risk Management Framework (RMF) Curricula (CS100.CU)
•Continuous Monitoring (CS200.16)
•Special Access Program Overview (SA001.16/06)
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer 126785
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.