***This position and any offer associated are contingent on award of contract and acceptance of clearance by customer***
Every day at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (RAST) our extraordinary engineers are empowered for excellence, inspired to invent in an inclusive environment where work-life balance is an elegant solution, not a slogan. We’re looking for a diverse and dynamic Engineer to join our one global team in Annapolis Junction, Maryland, on advanced high-capacity systems that process modern high-speed communications for the U.S. intelligence community. You will work by day on cutting-edge technology for RAST, which develops systems to provide integrated sensor and signal processing products in support of intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance that protect your family, your nation and enhance global security, while in your free time you explore the historical, cultural, sporting and outdoor activities that abound in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. area and the nearby Atlantic Ocean. Raytheon offers robust reward and recognition programs in compensation, career development, health care, educational assistance, maternal and paternal leave, flexible work schedules, child/adult backup care,401(k), paid holidays and paid time off.
We need your skills to work with customer operatives and other experienced engineers on complex technical problems.
The successful candidate will be able to work with other staff in our various customer offices and facilities, generate briefings, and present material clearly to team members, customers, and Raytheon Applied Signal Technology management as necessary.
• Background and experience with one or more of the following technical requirements:
- Ability to provide technical guidance/solutions to the customer on SIGINT systems, perform full lifecycle support on complex data systems and networks
- LINUX or UNIX administration/maintenance
- Experience with high-level language software programming and designing, coding, testing, and debugging software to run under either Microsoft Windows (XP or later) or UNIX (Solaris 8 or later, Redhat LINUX) Operating System.
- Experience with Programming/Scripting Languages, Database Management, Web Technologies and Software Test/Integration
- Experience in network design or network security, resolving complex network problems, and operating network analyzers, Wide Area Network (WAN) test equipment, and network simulators
- Experience in implementing Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, terminal servers, and Network Time Protocol (NTP) servers, performing network security architecture, design, and integration on UNIX, Windows, Linux, or other Operating System (OS) configurations
- Experience with SIGINT Development analytic support, Signal Analysis, Modern Tele-communications System and Networks and Telephony Switching Systems
- Experience with Communications Systems, Cellular/Personal Communications Systems and Circuit and Packet databases/tools
• Ability to support rotating 12 hour shifts (days, evenings, and nights) on regular days, weekends and holidays
• Ability to provide solutions and problem solving on complex data systems and networks with minimal direction
• Ability to perform in multi-discipline team environment
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Visio, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Existing TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an asctive U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
• Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience, and 2 years of prior relevant experience
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.