Support F-35, F-22 and F-16 Sustainment Programs as Item Manager responsible for oversight of the supply logistics support. Reports to and receives primary direction from the ABP OPS Depot Manager. This person will be responsible for repair data administration, report creation and distribution, and maintaining the accuracy of part status in both internal and external Management Information Systems. In this role, this person will interface with the customer program management office, U.S.A.F. supply/logistics personnel, Raytheon Field Support Representatives (FSRs), government property management, Program Management, Supply Chain, Sustainment Engineering, Operations, and others as needed.
Primary duties include:
Item Management is responsible for the overall management of Total Asset Visibility and the efficient and effective management of spares and the support pipeline and its’ supporting Management Information Systems. The item manager is responsible for the following tasks:
- Coordinate with the Lockheed Martin to manage repair flow to support fleet
- Facilitate the movement of material between the Raytheon repair depots/warehouses and various depot locations
- Coordinate Shipment of repair parts to/from the McKinney repair depot, Customer locations, freight forwarders and military bases
- Maintain customer and other databases for module tracking
- Perform inventory management and ensure accuracy of inventory records
- Process material receipts and shipments using PRISM
- Execute Customer demand processing
- Point of contact for interaction and collaboration with the 3rd Party Logistics Provider
- Coordination with Operations and Production Control for parts replenishment needed to maintain adequate stock levels to support worldwide demands
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in military supply, logistics, maintenance or a related field
- Working knowledge of military supply management concepts and processes
- Working knowledge of CAVS, or a similar inventory management system
- Must have comprehensive experience using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) to generate and/or assist management for preparation of depot repair schedules and reports
- PRISM/SAP based systems experience or equivalent
- Ability to obtain DoD Security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Must have effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be self-motivated and possess strong independent and teaming skills
- Must possess a high degree of interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Must have effective skills in communication/presentation (oral and written) with Program Management, Manufacturing, Property Control, Contracts, Engineering, and customers
- Ability to follow & improve established procedures
- Experience working with DoD military programs
- Experience supporting depot repair programs
- Experience managing Government Furnished Material (GFM)
- Experience working with SAP PRISM and/or APEX
: Bachelor’s degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.