We are seeking an experienced electrical engineer specializing in RF/Microwave and Analog circuit design and Testing. The candidate must be comfortable working with commercial off-the-shelf and custom hardware designs to achieve hardware requirements. Responsibilities will require working within a team of engineers to test and develop proven designs based on modeling, simulation, and verification. Tasks will span the full product development cycle and will include specification development, trade studies, modeling and simulation, documentation, hardware production, hardware integration, and test and validation. This opportunity is for a versatile RF/Microwave and Analog Circuit engineer possessing a blend of theoretical analysis, practical application, and hands-on integration abilities. Able to troubleshooting RF/Microwave and Analog hardware and process issues down to CCA and component levels. Communication with vendors and sub-contractor management will also be required. Ability to independently solve problems as well as work with the subsystem team. Additional responsibilities will include providing technical, schedule, and cost inputs to management. Travel is required
- 4 + years minimum experience in RF/Microwave and Analog circuit Test and integration
- Experience integrating hardware and software for RF/Microwave and Analog circuit hardware applications
- RF/Microwave and Analog Testing experience
- Troubleshooting RF/Microwave and Analog hardware and process issues down to CCA and component levels
- Experience in RF Subsystems (focusing on RF/Microwave and Analog hardware) and a working understanding of architecture, design, and integration processes
- Must be proficient in Matlab
- Understand system issues associated with RF design such as noise figure, IP3, etc
- Expert proficiency with common RF test equipment such as Network & Spectrum Analyzers, Signal & Pulse Generators, and Oscilloscopes
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to function effectively as part of a larger team
- Experienced at supporting hardware integration and validation efforts necessary for efficient sell-off of advanced RADAR systems
- Experience in a production environment
- Able to present technical results to Program Leadership
- Travel is required
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- 6 + years minimum experience in RF/Microwave and Analog circuit design, integration, and test.
- RF/Microwave and Analog circuit design skills including modeling and simulation tools such as HFSS, ADS, CST, etc.
- Experience in Root-Cause Corrective Action investigations
- Experience in resolving production issues with suppliers and sub-tier suppliers
- Experience working in a DoD environment
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Minimum Degree: B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Preferred Degree: M.S. in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in RF/Microwave and Analog Circuits
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.