The JPSS program is developing the next-generation weather satellite system. Raytheon is developing, deploying, and sustaining the JPSS Command, Control, and Communications Segment (C3S), the Interface Data Processing Segment (IDPS), and the Field Terminal Segment (FTS).
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program, Mission Support Team (MST) is seeking a highly motivated Interface Data Processing Segment (IDPS) Systems Engineer to provide engineering support to the JPSS ground system at the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Satellite Operations Facility (NSOF) in Suitland, Maryland.
The IDPS Lead Systems Engineer leads the IDPS engineering team to successful support of the JPSS ground system mission at the NOAA Satellite Operations Facility (NSOF) in Suitland, Maryland. The successful candidate will have the professional skill, motivation, and leadership skill, to lead his IDPS team to effective support operations by ground system personnel during operations and sustainment activities.
- Lead the team and manage the resources to mission success.
- Comprehend the hardware and software baseline for IDPS.
- On-site IDPS representative and advocate for customer interface.
- Defines and refines IDPS operations concepts.
- Vets and validates operations products, identify new product needs, leads team to hands-on support, and supports Training as-needed.
- Principal member of Work Request Review Panel:
- Provide technical assessment and recommends problem severity to Work Requests (WR).
- Leads team to effective WR conclusions. Provides technical insights as a senior member of the team.
- Track IDPS Ground System related WRs.
- Coordinate problem reports assigned to factory for factory investigation/resolution.
- Respond, work, resolve WRs as assigned.
- Perform all IDPS engineering ancillary tasks directed from the Operations Director.
- Support system upgrade technical activities.
- Configure system resources to support mission operations, training, and maintenance.
- Develop procedures, scripts, and processes for mission success.
- Provided technical support to Operations and Sustainment (O&S) management.
Desired Skills:Highly desirable for the successful candidate to have very recent experience in JPSS operations at the NSOF, Suitland MD.Experience and knowledge of complex, distributed ground systems to include satellite ground station equipment and procedures, network (LAN/WAN) architecture, protocols, equipment, and computer operating systems (Unix/IBM AIX/LINUX) and Microsoft® Windows®. Experience with or provable knowledge of:
- Must be able to function in project leadership role working independently.
- Strong verbal communications skills to enable representation and advocacy interface.
- 6+ years Satellite Data Processing systems experience supporting operations of which at least one year was leadership/management.
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Must be able to differentiate colors on a computer monitor, specifically red, due to specific actions required based on color.
Normal work hours are 8am to 5pm. When required, various mission activities will require a flexible work schedule, sometimes during off-hours, weekends and possibly holidays depending on mission needs.Required Education (including Major):BS Degree in Computer Science, Space Operations, Computer Technology, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering,OR14 years relevant experience can be substituted for formal education.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Satellite science data processing.
- Integration and test.
- Software test and validation.
- Systems test and validation processes.
- Standard operations procedures (SOP) use, development, and validation.
- Experience with remote sensing data analysis using Matlab, ENVI, or equivalent.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.