General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Serve as focal point for managing schedules to support group's management, to include on Chief, Deputy Chief, and Executive Officer, in additional to providing support to an office of 35. Must be comfortable with rolling and changing priorities and proactively de-conflicting competing meetings. Organize group off-site meetings. Assist with the creation of travel requests and associate tracking of approvals (must quickly become proficient with the Sponsor's travel reservation system to set up travel itineraries for CONUS and OCONUS travel for staff). Prepare and monitor transportation itineraries and changes. Process travel information and receipts into Sponsor voucher system to process expenses.Support all check-in/check-out procedures of new and departing staff within group and ensure that proper access requests are completed. Responsible for the creation and proper formatting of memos for the selection of individuals for new assignments, the establishment of new positions, nominations for external training, and other official correspondence with external partners and customers. Maintain inventory of office supplies and ordering of supplies when needed. Develop, document, and implement new office processes to promote efficiencies. Escort visitors and guests. Receive and distribute mail, faxes, and other documents/publications on a daily basis. Core hours: 9:00-3:00.
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as outside contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
1-3 years of related administrative experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associates Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.