General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
• Provide client technology support services, including initial deployment of new desktops, laptops, peripherals and software, and provide general support services for all technical areas.
• Monitor and respond to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
• Act as onsite operator for other technical and organizational teams to provide hands/eyes support as well as standard administration functions.
• Work both independently and as part of a team to identify and resolve issues.
• Provide technical support and training to end-users.
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
• Participate in special projects as required.
• The work is typically performed in one or more office environments, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. The GDIT office will be a fast paced work environment supporting hundreds of employees primarily working out of cubicles. Some lifting will be required, average is 50 pounds or less. Carts will be provided for heavier items. Some local travel will be required.
• 1-3 years of directly related experience supporting end-user computing and customer support.
• Strong written and oral communication, and excellent customer server skills are required.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows Workstation, operating systems, and common applications (e.g. Microsoft Office)
• Experience with desktop/laptop and application support
• Support for handheld devices (Blackberry, iOS, Android, Windows), a plus
• Solid understanding of basic networking principles
• Operational knowledge of the following is a plus: Active Directory and Group Policy, SharePoint, and Microsoft System Center products
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.