District of Columbia
Systems Engineer (Job Number:441536)
The Enterprise & Mission Solution Business Unit currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer to support the Vanguard 2 program. The Vanguard 2 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DOS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. The IRM program supports the Department of State to successfully carry out its U.S. foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications.
This position is in support of the Department of State as a part of the Vanguard 2.2.1 contract. A current TS security clearance is required for consideration. The candidate will be responsible for the development of system engineering designs for IT projects. The candidate will research, analyze, evaluate and integrate as necessary new and emerging technologies in order to find ways to deliver a superior IT environment to the bureaus in a cost effective and secure manner. The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department’s equipment modernization program. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
Description of Duties:
- Design, develop, and deploy IT systems with a focus on focus on Data Protection systems.
• Assist in the development of Enterprise policies and directives.
• Participate in functional or UAT testing to ensure final product meets intent of customer’s needs.
• Conduct Technical Exchange Meetings.
• Reviewing and documenting functionality of existing legacy applications.
• Create test plans, installation guides, technical specifications, white papers as required.
• Communicate regularly to government POCs regarding project activities and status.
- Experience with Enterprise Backup and Disaster Recovery systems, in particular CommVault and Avamar.
• Server virtualization (VMWare) and domain experience.
• Experience designing and implementing IT solutions.
• Experience working with customers to capture/document requirements.
- Knowledge of Department of State processes and procedures will be considered a significant plus.
• Enterprise Storage experience (NetApp, EMC).
• Ability to apply ITIL v3 Foundation concepts within the workplace.
• Strong scripting skills.
• Data migration experience.
• MCSE certification.
Clearance Requirement: TOP SECRET (Active)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 30, 2018, 1:25:43 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job