District of Columbia
Senior Storage Engineer (Job Number:441528)
The Enterprise & Mission Solution Business Unit currently has an opening for a Senior Storage Engineer to support the Vanguard 2 program. The Vanguard 2 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DOS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. The IRM program supports the Department of State to successfully carry out its U.S. foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications.
Description of Duties:
This position is in support of the Department of State as a part of the Vanguard 2.2.1 contract. A current TS security clearance is required for consideration. The candidate will be responsible for the development of enterprise storage system designs for IT projects. The candidate will research, analyze, evaluate and integrate as necessary new and emerging technologies in order to find ways to deliver a superior IT environment to the bureaus in a cost effective and secure manner. The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department’s equipment modernization program. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Design and integrate enterprise storage solutions for ~260 Overseas Posts.
• Act as the technical team lead for Enterprise Storage integration projects.
• Provide Tier III support to deployed systems.
• Assist in the development of Enterprise policies and directives.
• Conduct Technical Exchange Meetings.
• Reviewing and documenting functionality of existing legacy applications.
• Create test plans, installation guides, technical specifications, white papers as required.
• Communicate regularly to government POCs regarding project activities and status.
- Experience designing and integrating enterprise storage arrays (e.g. NetApp, EMC, Hitachi, etc.)
• Experience with Enterprise Backup and disaster recovery systems.
• Data migration experience.
• Top Secret Clearance.
• Experience working with customers to capture/document requirements.
- DoS processes and procedures.
• LAN/WAN network experience.
• Ability to apply ITIL v3 Foundation concepts within the workplace.
• Strong scripting skills.
• MCSE certification.
• Server virtualization and domain experience.
Clearance Requirement: TOP SECRET (Active) with the ability to be granted TS/SCI
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 30, 2018, 11:10:10 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job