District of Columbia
This is a service-oriented, technically driven Data Center Monitoring administrator position. The qualified candidate will work closely with senior LAN/SAN/WAN and application administrators to document and manage the availability and performance monitoring for the Enterprise Server Operations Centers. Requires the ability to diagnose the causal factors associated with loss of system and network availability. ESOC and customer oriented, fast paced client server environment. Ability to work through issues associated with service level components including LAN/SAN/WAN configuration, software, and hardware. Experience with network architectures TCP/IP, server hardware/software installation, configuration and support. Software layers for Database, Web and Application services. Monitor network servers and infrastructure for availability, performance issues or degradation and trending. Provide daily support to ESOC customers.
Description of Duties:
• In-depth experience with performance management tools
• Windows Server 2003 and above
• Vmware ESX
• SNMP monitoring
• Storage including SAN
• WAN/LAN/MAN Communications
• Database, Web & Application monitoring
• Indicative software
• Excellent analytical, oral and written communications.
• High-level knowledge of the following application product/technologies: IIS/MOSS, NetApp, SQL/Oracle,CISCO/F5, Blade Servers, Load Balancing
• NetVCR, NetIQ, ASG/Sentry
• Monitoring Tools
• Data Center Management