District of Columbia
The Enterprise & Mission Solution Business Unit currently has an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer to support the Vanguard 2 program. The Vanguard 2 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. The IRM program supports the Department of State to successfully carry out its U.S. foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications.
Description of Duties:
This position is in support of the Department of State as a part of the Vanguard 2.2.1 contract. A current TS security clearance is required for consideration. The candidate will be responsible for the development of system engineering designs for IT projects. The candidate will research, analyze, evaluate and integrate as necessary new and emerging technologies in order to find ways to deliver a superior IT environment to the bureaus in a cost effective and secure manner. The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department’s equipment modernization program. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
• Work with customers to determine their functional needs.
• Translating customer needs into hardware/software requirements for existing or new hardware/software applications.
• Architect, design, develop, and deploy IT systems.
• Act as the technical team lead for integration projects.
• Provide Tier III support to deployed systems.
• Assist in the development of Enterprise policies and directives.
• Participate in functional or UAT Testing to ensure final product meets the intent of the customer’s needs.
• Create and manage project plans.
• Conduct Technical Exchange Meetings.
• Reviewing and documenting functionality of existing legacy applications.
• Create test plans, installation guides, technical specifications, white papers as required.
• Communicate regularly to government POCs regarding project activities and status.
Clearance Requirement: TOP SECRET (Active)
• Additional training and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
• Strong ability to multi-task and work independently.
• Experience leading system integration projects as the technical lead.
• Experience architecting, designing, and implementing IT solutions. Experience working with customers to capture/document requirements.
• Server virtualization and domain experience.
• DoS processes.
• Large scale Microsoft Active Directory deployment and maintenance. LAN/WAN networking experience.
• Ability to apply ITIL v3 Foundation concepts within the workplace.
• Strong scripting skills.
• Data migration experience.
• MCSE certification.