District of Columbia
Systems Support Technician (Shift Work) (Job Number:441529)
SAIC is seeking a Systems Support Technician to support a large federal government agency. This position will perform on-site, at a government location on one of three shifts, including weekend/holiday rotations and on-call support.
Description of Duties:
- Monitor ticketing system to receive work assignments.
• Fulfill user requests for email account service following standard operating procedures.
• Perform user account and mailbox moves on Exchange 2010 & 2013 email systems.
• Add/delete/modify Distribution list.
• Correct user Outlook 2010 issues: setup, junk mail, and mailbox size increase. Add/modify Outlook 2010 shared calendar.
• Assist customers with PST mapping modify/restore.
• Complete shift logs and turnover.
• Reply to all customer inquiries in a timely manner.
• Document issues and escalate to next tier support as necessary.
• Monitor systems consoles and remediate alerts.
• Perform server builds and decommissions.
- Bachelors and 2+ years of experience; or equivalent experience without a degree.
- Ability to focus on ticketing system for sustained periods.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures and comply with data entry standards.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills to escalate problems encountered.
- Possess basic literacy in Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory and Exchange environment.
- Possess basic literacy in TCP/IP based networking.
Familiar with Remedy ticketing software.
CompTIA Network+, CompTIA A+
- High School and 5 years of related experience. Compensation will be commensurate with education and experience.
Clearance Requirement: TOP SECRET (Active) with the ability to be granted TS/SCI
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 30, 2018, 11:13:29 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job