District of Columbia
Data Center Site Technician (Job Number:441540)
SAIC is seeking a Data Center Site Technician to support a federal government agency.
The employee will work on-site in a secure data center location, performing technical support and maintenance activities to ensure smooth and continuous IT operations. The employee will service IT equipment, including, but not limited to: desktops; laptops; servers; wired and wireless network devices and circuits; firewall and security devices; cryptographic devices; audio and video telecommunications equipment; printing equipment; equipment racks; and other hardware and software components.
Description of Duties:
- Install, test, monitor, check, troubleshoot and operate data center equipment.
• Setup, configure, update and patch equipment.
• Maintain inventory and perform asset management.
• Receive, ship, troubleshoot, repair and RMA equipment as necessary.
• Log and maintain work activity and history in ticket management system.
• Perform other data center activities as directed.
- Experience in datacenter environments performing basic IT administration, support and troubleshooting tasks.
• Ability to follow Standard Operations Procedures and verbal direction.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Self-motivation, professional demeanor and accountability.
• Ability to safely lift and move a minimum of fifty pounds.
- Previous experience in classified datacenter environments.
• CompTIA A+, Network+
• ITIL Foundations
- High School and 5 years of related experience. Compensation will be commensurate with education and experience.
Clearance Requirement: TOP SECRET (Active) with ability to obtain SCI. SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 30, 2018, 1:09:16 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job