Systems Engineer (Job Number:441531)
The Enterprise & Mission Solution Business Unit currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer to support the Vanguard 2 program. The Vanguard 2 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DOS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. The IRM program supports the Department of State to successfully carry out its U.S. foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications.
This position is in support of the Department of State as a part of the Vanguard 2.2.1 contract. A current Secret security clearance is required for consideration and must be clearable to Top Secret. The candidate will be responsible for the configuration, operations and maintenance of a systems integration lab. The candidate will research, analyze, evaluate and integrate as necessary new and emerging technologies in order to find ways to deliver a superior IT environment to the bureaus in a cost effective and secure manner. The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department’s equipment modernization program. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
Execute the duties and responsibilities as a member of the Global IT Modernization Lab Team at the DOS Information Resources Management bureau.
- Integrate, configure and support lab IT systems.
- Provide engineering support to enterprise-level solutions using virtual server hosting, backup solution and service level storage solutions.
- Support the implementation of VMware hardware and operating systems solutions to provide hosting services to multiple lab environments.
- Participate in functional or UAT testing to ensure final product meets intent of the customer’s needs.
- Update system and process documentation and user guides as needed diagrams and SOPs as needed.
The Lab Systems Engineer will have daily interactions with contractor and government clients related to meeting technical requirements for a wide variety of initiatives.
- TS Security clearance or Secret with ability for TS.
- Knowledge of VMware and ESX 6.0+ deployment, configuration, and maintenance.
- Experience configuring LAN, WAN and firewalls.
- Knowledge or Training on Storage clusters, Fiber Channel and NFS protocol.
- Familiarity with DOS environment (data and voice networks, IT systems, policies and procedures).
- Knowledge or Training on blade compute platforms from CISCO or HP.
- Experience with enterprise storage arrays (e.g. NetApp, EMC, etc.)
- Knowledge or Training on Backup software (i.e. Avamar / CommVault).
- VMware Certified professional 5.0 or higher.
- Networking certifications at CISCO professional level.
- Strong scripting skills
- MCSE Certification.
- ITIL v3.0 Foundations certificate.
Clearance Requirement: TOP SECRET (Active) with the ability to be granted TS/SCI
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 30, 2018, 11:27:53 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job