full-time employee contract
Performance shall include:
• Conduct secure equipment (e.g., secure telephone and encryption devices) and classified keying material inventories, inspections and other COMSEC related support and oversight functions
• Perform installation of secure telephone equipment (STE) and coordinate to deliver encryption device(s) and keying material to select Information Technology (IT) specialists maintaining classified networks
• Administer a Top Secret inventory and document control program to account for COMSEC equipment and materials
• Conduct inventories per agency policy and reports any discrepancy to government customer
• Courier classified information and author receipts for classified materials
• Ensure Automated Information Systems Security requirements, related to COMSEC duties, are complied with
• Ensure proper physical security accreditation has been issued by designated Program Security Officers for supported facilities
• Train personnel in COMSEC procedures and the use of related equipment
• 6-8 years related experience, including minimum 4 years’ experience in SCI/SAR environment. Minimum 3 years’ experience in SAR environment highly desired.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent additional experience (4 years)
• Must complete COMSEC Manager’s course within 6 months of starting on contract
• Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
• Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
• Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
• Must have a strong understanding of COMSEC accountability as well as knowledge of the procedures required for the issue and receipt of COMSEC equipment and materials to include inventory and mailing
• Must be familiar with COMSEC requirements and procedures to include the acquisition, maintenance, operations and disposition of COMSEC equipment.
• Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate ICDs/JAFANs/DOD Manuals and other guiding policy documents.
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
• Willingness to travel within the organizational Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
• Some moderate lifting required (approximately 25 – 40 pounds)