full-time employee contract
The COMSEC Manager’s primaryfunction is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Departmentof Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary ofDefense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide“day-to-day” support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Performance shall include:
• Conduct secure equipment(e.g., secure telephone and encryption devices) and classified keying materialinventories, inspections and other COMSEC related support and oversightfunctions
• Perform installation ofsecure telephone equipment (STE) and coordinate to deliver encryption device(s)and keying material to select Information Technology (IT) specialistsmaintaining classified networks
• Administer a Top Secretinventory and document control program to account for COMSEC equipment andmaterials
• Conduct inventories peragency policy and reports any discrepancy to government customer
• Courier classifiedinformation and author receipts for classified materials
• Ensure Automated InformationSystems Security requirements, related to COMSEC duties, are complied with
• Ensure proper physicalsecurity accreditation has been issued by designated Program Security Officersfor supported facilities
• Train personnel in COMSECprocedures and the use of related equipment
• 6-8 years related experience,including minimum 4 years’ experience in SCI/SAR environment. Minimum 3 years’experience in SAR environment highly desired.
• Bachelors degree orequivalent additional experience (4 years)
• Must complete COMSECManager’s course within 6 months of starting on contract
• Current Top Secret Clearancewith SCI Eligibility
• Eligibility for access toSpecial Access Program Information
• Willingness to submit to aCounterintelligence polygraph
• Must have a strongunderstanding of COMSEC accountability as well as knowledge of the proceduresrequired for the issue and receipt of COMSEC equipment and materials to includeinventory and mailing
• Must be familiar with COMSECrequirements and procedures to include the acquisition, maintenance, operationsand disposition of COMSEC equipment.
• Must be familiar withsecurity policy/manuals and the appropriate ICDs/JAFANs/DOD Manuals and otherguiding policy documents.
• Must have the ability to workin a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD,military/civilian personnel and industry partners
• Working knowledge ofMicrosoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Possess a high degree oforiginality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
• Willingness to travel withinthe organizational Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, andwill include both air and ground transportation)
• Some moderate liftingrequired (approximately 25 – 40 pounds)