Material Program Manager for the Goleta, CA Electronic Warfare (EW) Mission Area.
The Material Program Manager (MPM) is a strong leader with demonstrated project management skills. The candidate for this position must be a self-starter, capable of developing and achieving organizational and program objectives, and must be able to successfully interface with all levels of internal management, including supplier management.
Candidate will be responsible for developing and executing supply chain strategies and plans. The MPM will serve as the liaison between the Program Executive, Program Managers, IPT’s and the Supply Chain organization. The MPM will be responsible for the development, coordination and execution of all program material strategies, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives. The MPM will serve as the leader for all program’s supply chain activities, and will advise the Business Unit SCM Director and Sr. Manager as well as the program management office leadership team on material strategies and plans. Candidate leads front end of the business SCM activities including early supply chain management involvement and early supplier involvement. The position requires an individual who will be able to exert influence and have an effect on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the program and the program IPT team. The position requires an individual who is persistent in influencing others to execute their responsibilities on time and escalates as requires to achieve schedules.
Other MPM duties:
- Develop and lead supply chain proposal activities including task descriptions and bases of estimates
- Must be able to work in conjunction with engineering to develop accurate Bill of Materials (BOM’s) from the technical baseline within a few days of proposal kick off, control changes in the BOM during the proposal process and promptly flow any changes to material estimating and develop a strategy to get representative costs.
- Develop and execute material program plans, subcontract management plans (together with the Subcontract Administrator)
- Execute make/buy/where process
- Develop and execute risk/opportunity plans to meet program objectives.
- Balance strategic thinking with tactical application of strategies to programs
- Work closely with Engineering, Quality and Operations to create common schedule based on Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- Collaborate with supply chain functions for support as needed.
- Monitor performance metrics and proactively acts to address program and functional issues.
- Strong Earned Value Management and Financial management skills, including Material EACs and Material Forecasting
The MPM is the single point of contact to management and to internal customers, including Program Office, Quality, Engineering, Operations, Finance, and Contracts. S/he will represent the Supply Chain organization on policies, strategies and objectives, oversee all SCM activities needed to meet program requirements, and ensures a strong link within and between various Supply Chain functions, including Sourcing, Logistics, and Production Control. The MPM is the acknowledged expert on all supply chain issues and their impact on the enterprise programs.Required Skills:
- Minimum 8 years of direct experience in Government and commercial defense markets
- Experience working in the DoD Aerospace & Defense industry and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Experience with Supply Chain processes and related systems
- Program and/or functional experience managing material (SCM, Engineering Program/Integrated Program Team (IPT), Operations)
- Experience managing proposal Supply Chain activities
- Experience with contract flow down requirements and how to filter those specific to Supply Chain.
- Experience with EVMS/EAC.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project)
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance within 1 year
- Ability to obtain a DoD SSBI Clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Engineering experience in Electronic Warfare products.
- Ability to convert business area and customer requirements into executable strategies.
- Ability to collaborate with the Subcontract Administrator to review statements of work (SOW) that are complete and conform to program requirements
- Ability to develop individuals and teams
- Ability to lead in an Integrated Program Team (IPT) environment
- Ability to obtain EVM Level II certification within 6 months of start
- Ability to obtain MPM Certification within 1 year of start
- Raytheon Supply Chain/MPM experience (including Raytheon MPM Certification)
- Raytheon PRISM experience
- Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist/Six Sigma Green Belt qualified
- Microsoft Project
- Technical knowledge of EW related hardware applications as well as knowledge of operational and manufacturing processes (assembly, integration, and test)
- Working knowledge of US Government acquisition laws and regulations
- Fluency in Raytheon systems, process, and procedures.
Bachelor’s degreeDesired Education:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.