The Capture Manager (CM) is responsible for developing and implementing specific pursuit strategies within the Navigation, Weather and Air Traffic communities. The Capture Manager responsibility includes strategies for teaming, solution (technical, management, and cost) development, and proposal staffing/development. The CM leads the development, implementation, and successful execution of these winning capture strategies -- keeps the opportunity qualified and reports status to management. They must also improve/maintain capture win rate, through continuous improvement of capture best practices. The CM collects and accurately/objectively presents the opportunity/pursuit business case at management reviews to facilitate good business decisions by management. Capture Managers are fully accountable for all the activities related to the assigned capture opportunity, from initial gate through contract award. They are responsible for planning, controlling, and directing all related activities.
Other responsibilities include:
a) Marketing to develop solutions to customer problems
b) Developing technology requirements (IRAD/CRAD) to support new business capture
c) Win/loss analysis and related process improvements
d) Efficient management of new business investment (NBI) resources
The Capture Manager shall report to the NWS Capture Excellence Lead and be assigned captures across NWS Sub-Mission areas including GPS OCX, Air Traffic Systems (ATC), Product Support (PS), and Space and Weather Systems (SWS).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration / Management or a related Engineering discipline
- 10 years of strategic planning and demonstrated related work experience
- 4+ years of demonstrated capture management experience
- Experience leading a Capture and Pursuit bookings between $50 to $100 Million
- Experience managing a capture team of 10+
- Experience working Captures and Pursuits with the intelligence community (IC) Organization/Agencies (i.e. NSA, NRO, CIA, DIA, NOAA, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of associate contractors and the competitive landscape
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be available to travel domestically on a monthly basis as needed
- Current Top Secret security clearance required.
- Familiarity with Raytheon businesses, policies, and practices
- Senior level experience with Federal agencies operating in Intel Market or equivalent corporate business experience
- Demonstrated networking capabilities among various communities, e.g. acquisition officials/leads in the Department of Defense and other government agencies
- Experience working with Federal acquisition process
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or Engineering
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.