This exciting role in Advanced Manufacturing, Modernization and Technology will lead production system design, manufacturing and process improvement initiatives, and factory modernization, with an emphasis on space systems and airborne sensor manufacturing. The ideal candidate will complete new technology evaluation/application using appropriate lean six sigma modeling and simulation tools (i.e. computerized simulation, workflow analysis, time studies, value stream mapping, process flow, etc.). Developing virtual models and simulations to analyze existing and new production systems as well as new product introduction assessment. Participate in and support team activities on projects working collaboratively with engineering, business development, production, and program management specialists. In addition, this position will be networked and collaborate closely across multiple factories across the country, supported by the Industrial Systems Engineering department to develop best-of-breed solutions. Provide factory and program leadership with recommendations and business analysis to support decision making for investment proposals in new and retooled manufacturing processes. Provide expertise to maximize production efficiency while reducing costs, applying Industry 4.0 and Smart Manufacturing solutions, to establish sustainable foundations for manufacturing excellence.
- 8 years of full-time relevant, progressive work experience working in manufacturing or product development
- Experience in data analysis, Six Sigma, and Theory of Constraints methodologies/tools
- Experience with Lean principles and implementation of Lean strategies.
- Experience in project and change management skills
- Experience developing and delivering presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
- Experience in managing the implementation of Business-level projects in a multiple factories
- Experience in discrete event simulation and capacity analysis
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Required Education and Job Experience:
- Strong leadership skills, capable of assembling, leading, and motivating effective teams
- Strong business acumen, ability to make sound business decisions and present cost benefits
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in a space systems production (space sensors, satellites, or equivalent)
- Experience deploying automation and robotics systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with project management related to Greenfield, Brownfield and/or production transition
- Focus on system optimization and transformation through continuous improvement cycles
- Proficient in Process Simulations and capacity analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge in Automation/Industry 4.0: Smart Manufacturing
- Lean Facilitator experience with leading Continuous Improvement events
- Self-motivated change agent, has a bias for action and a sense of urgency, demonstrates accountability by holding self and others accountable to the team charter.
- Experience with transition of engineering/designs into production, and production readiness processes
- Versed in a 3D modeling tool (eg. CREO, NX, Process Simulate, Solidworks, AutoCad)
- Experience in Additive Manufacturing
- C, C++, Visual C or Visual Basic programming experience
- Six Sigma certification: ie- Raytheon Six Sigma Cert, Black Belt, Green Belt, Shingo Certification, or equivalent
- Earned Value Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering, or equivalent
- Master’s Degree in Industrial and Management Systems Engineering
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.