This Optical Design position would be responsible for designing new, state-of-the-art optical imaging systems and improving existing optical designs; creating and maintaining optical models in support of optical requirements and tolerance generation; verification of optical requirements, and/or product development for airborne imaging systems. This person may also be needed to develop Matlab scripts for analysis of data. The modeling and data analysis could be in the area of wavefront correction, laser communication, image analysis, spectral analysis, radiometry, and/or stray light analysis. This person may be expected to take the lead on optical testing, including the development of alignment procedures. This person would be expected to support multiple programs, development and production, in various optical support and lead roles, as needed.
- Minimum of 6 year of optical system development
- Significant experience creating optical designs and models for airborne imaging systems based on high level requirements, including generating tolerances and specifications for components and subassemblies
- Experience working closely with optomechanical engineers to generate component drawings
- Experience working with optical fabrication suppliers
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Ability to present work to management and customers
- Experience with Code V or Zemax
- Ability to generate algorithms in Matlab in support of optical design and tolerancing
- Experience with FRED or other optical modeling tools.
- Demonstrated ability to develop test methodology to acquire necessary data to prove optical requirements.
- Experience with hands on optical data acquisition.
- Experience in assembling and testing optical hardware.
- Experience troubleshooting optical performance issues.
- Understanding of general optical measurement tools.
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to obtain higher level clearances
- Prior experience in Defense or Aerospace
BS in Optics, Physics or EngineeringDesired Education:
MS in Optics, Phyiscs or Engineering with an emphasis in Optics
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.