Apply knowledge and experience in optical engineering to provide development, integration and test support to the development of advanced optical imaging sensors and sensor subassemblies. This may include performing flow down of subsystem level requirements to component specifications, critical opto-mechanical alignments, testing and troubleshooting of refractive and reflective optical assemblies; analyzing line of sight and radiometric budget allocations, testing laser parameters, and working with suppliers. Use your ability to understand and troubleshoot optical test stations and recommend/ implement repairs and upgrades as required to support production needs. Contribute to multiple programs as a technical resource. Work in a team environment and act as a lead for small group.
- Minimum of 4+ years of related optical engineering experience
- Direct, hands-on optical laboratory and analytical experience
- Experience using autocollimators, theodolites, alignment scopes, interferometers or other optical test equipment
- Experience with specifying component and subsystem level requirements for suppliers
- Knowledge of current optics fabrication techniques and limitations
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with suppliers
- Experience with interferometers and MTF test systems
- Experience with airborne optical imaging systems
- Experience with hyperspectral systems
- Experience with laser systems
- Experience with radiometric calibration
- Experience in in-depth analysis and troubleshooting of image quality, stray light, radiometric and line of sight requirements and capabilities.
- Experience in alignment, bonding, evaluation, data collection and analysis for reflective and refractive multi-spectral imagers.
- Team and leadership experience.
: BS in Optics, Physics, or relevant Engineering disciplineDesired Education:
MS in Optics, Physics, or relevant Engineering discipline with emphasis in Optics or Lasers
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons 127128
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.