The Optics and Lasers Integrated Products Department is currently seeking a Senior Physics Engineer II in McKinney, Tx.
This position is responsible for executing laser assemblies, integration, and test for developmental and deliverable laser systems. Responsibilities include participating in multidisciplinary technical teams on cutting edge development and demonstration programs. The candidate will join a highly motivated group of laser physicists and engineers working on a variety of development tasks and deliverable products. The successful applicant shall be a highly motivated “self-starter” able to take action with limited direction, and execute on complicated laser and HEL hardware programs.
- At least 6 years of professional experience with a BS degree, 4 years of professional experience with an MS degree, and 2 years professional experience with a Phd
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: (1) high energy lasers, (2) fiber laser systems, (3) and/or laser system design
- Hands on experience with laser system development, assembly, integration and test efforts
- Ability to (1) to plan/schedule tasks (2) define optical/hardware components, (3) interface with vendors (4) set up and align optical/laser hardware (5) document/report test results, and (6) deliver laser systems
- Proficient in electronics, such as laser diode drivers, TEC, power supplies
- Familiarity with laser characterization tests such as beam quality, wavefront-error, laser noise measurements
- Proficient with optical alignment techniques and alignment tooling.
- Experience with optical component inspection, cleaning and bonding
- Data reduction and analysis
- Broad understanding of optics and lasers vendor capabilities
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal and Multi-tasking Skills
- Familiarity with processes and principals of systems engineering
- Prior experience in Defense or Aerospace
- Active SSBI
Required Education: Bachelor of Science in physics, optics, or related field
Desired Education: Master of Science in physics, optics, or related field OR PhD in physics, optics, or related field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.