Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit.
We are seeking an intern to work with the Cyber Security Business Team located in Columbia, MD. The ideal candidate will have proven interest in cyber security technologies and be a skilled developer. Join us and be part of a close-knit team solving some of the hardest challenges in host and network security in a fun and exciting work environment.
You will contribute to one or more projects sponsored by the Department of Defense and the Federal Government and will work on a team with 3-5 other technical staff to disassemble and analyze complex embedded systems, develop new privacy-enhancing technologies, create tools for malware analysis and detection, implement unique mission applications for software-defined radios, or reverse engineer integrated circuits from their x-rayed images to find vulnerabilities in their instructions sets, just to name a few.
All of our research — from malware analysis to exploring the “Internet of Things”— is funded by customers who rely on us for solutions. If you are a problem solver, someone who likes to take things apart to see how they work, who enjoys inventing things, and who has the passion, drive, and creativity to shape future cyber security technologies, BBN is the place for you!
• Current undergrad student pursuing a BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong and creative programming skills
• Proven interest in cyber security technologies
• Available to work 40 hours per week, summer 2019
Interest or experience with any of the following areas is a plus:
• Computer and network security
• Software design and development
• Operating system internals and/or kernel development
• Reverse engineering
• Static and dynamic binary analysis
• Virtualization and sandboxing
• Cyber-physical systems
• Low-level knowledge of consumer electronics like mobile phones
• Embedded systems FPGA programming
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 126799BR 126799
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.